Ledgers (account books)
Found in 43 Collections and/or Records:
Allen and Lewis company was a firm of wholesale grocers that was incorporated in 1897 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and F. A. Spencer. The collection contains corporate records including meeting minutes and stock ledgers, as well as stock books and ledgers of subsidiary companies including Glafke-Dixon Co., Douglas Food Stores, Inc., and Consolidated Stores, Inc.
Cicero Hunt Lewis (1826-1897) (also known as Cicero Horatius Lewis) and Lucius H. Allen created the Allen and Lewis mercantile company in Portland, Oregon in 1851. The collection contains five ledgers of sales, cash, consignments and account records, 1851-1868.
Barlow and Fuller, of Oregon City, Oregon, was a grocery, provisions, and bakery store. The collection (1865) contains a store ledger organized by account name or sale.
The collection contains a ledger of the Bricklayers Union, Eugene chapter. The ledger (1921-1953) contains minutes, statements of accounts, and lists of officers.
The Brownsville Industrial Company was an odd-job and minor investment firm. Contains two ledgers documenting their investors, recording transactions and finances.
The Brownsville Woolen Mill was located in Brownsville, Oregon since the 1860s; the original main building was destroyed by a fire in 1955. The collection (1902-1913) contains the surviving records of the Mill including financial ledgers, journals, and day books.
The Columbia Transportation company owned and operated the Columbia North Beach Ferry company. The collection (1921-1954) contains articles of incorporation, minutes of shareholders' meetings, account books and ledgers.
Cooley & Company was a general store in Brownsville, Oregon. The collection consists of account books, day books, journals, cash books and ledgers.
The Cornucopia Mines company of Oregon was incorporated July 30, 1927 by Robert W. Betts, Blaine Hallock, and James H. Nichols as a successor company to the Baker Mines company. The collection contains corporate records, financial ledgers, and correspondence, 1918-1941.
Ralph Reynolds Cronise (1886-1962) was a newspaper owner and civic leader in Albany, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, business and civic files, photographs and ledgers.
William F. Dielschneider and his brother Franz owned and ran the Dielschneider Jewelry store of McMinnville, Oregon, which also sold and repaired watches and clocks. The collection contains a cash book, watch sales and repair ledgers, a clock repair ledger, diamond record books, manufacturers' and jobbers' catalogues, and photographs.
Dunham Printing Company operated out of Portland, Oregon during the late 1800s and early 1900s. The collection (1898-1912) contains two volumes of financial records.
Eugene Fruit Growers Association was a vegetable, fruit, and nut growing, picking, packing, and canning cooperative, founded in 1908. The collection (1908-1971) contains administrative records which include correspondence and reports, financial records, architectural plans, photographs, reports, and printing plates.
Farmers' Security Bank of Milton, Oregon was incorporated in 1911 by W. E. James, W. W. Wasser, N. T. Manela, F. M. Kent, H. A. Williams, and Robert McEwen. The collection (1911-1940) includes minutes of stockholders and directors meetings, general ledger, depositors ledger, deposit book, and daily statement book.
The G. Heitkemper Company was a wholesale and retail jeweler in Portland, Oregon, incorporated by Gerhard Heitkemper, Frank A. Heitkemper, and Edward Cookingham in 1896. The records include thirteen ledgers that contain pre-corporation records as well as post-corporation minutes, correspondence, financial records and other communications from 1874-1924.
Collection Includes debit and credit accounts, Scottsburg, Oregon, 1857, 1858; accounts of Union Ranch, Curry County; Salmon Gulch Mine; personal accounts; receipts for tuition, Umpqua Academy.
The Lawrence Hall commonplace book is the single volume ledger of financial transactions and a weather record of an Oregon City resident.
The Halsey Building Association built a hall in Halsey, Oregon and rented out for dances, events, and to it to local groups for meetings. The collection (1892-1900) contains financial records of the association that include the date, price, and type of event held at the hall.
Hapgood and Company were Northwest salmon packers and shippers, and were successors to Hapgood, Hume and Company. The collection (1870-1897) contains ledgers, correspondence, invoices, sales, account information, and other financial records.
The Harding Drug Store was an Oregon City business started in 1873 by George A. Harding. The collection consists of ledgers, cash books, and prescription books from the store.
The Hedden store was a general merchandise store that operated from 1852-1976 in Scottsburg, Oregon. The collection contains store and postal ledgers detailing accounts of purchases (both general and postal) and also provides information on customers.
The Howe family comprises Henry Clay Howe (1832-1889) and his wife Letitia, their son Herbert C. Howe (1872-1940) and daughter Lillian Howe. The collection contains diaries, correspondence, photographs, and genealogical papers of the Howe family, manuscripts by Herbert C. Howe, and a ledger of the Oswego Canal Company of NY.
The Huddleston Store was a general store in Eugene, Oregon run by members of the Huddleston family, including Oregon pioneer James Huddleston. Collection consists of a single ledger for the Huddleston general store, 1853-1854.
J. E. Haseltine & Co. of Portland, Oregon specialized in heavy hardware and was one of the first companies to stock automotive equipment. Collection contains cash, sundry, and sales account ledgers, accounts receivable and payable ledgers, stock inventory book, country and city ledgers, and catalogues from 1868-1959.
J. E. Haseltine and Co. of Portland, Oregon specialized in heavy hardware and was one of the first companies to stock automotive equipment. Collection contains three ledgers containing cash and account information, from 1891-1897.
Koontz Garage and Machine Shop (now called Koontz Machine and Welding) is a Coos Bay, Oregon based company that was established in 1906. The collection contains twelve business ledgers showing expenses, income, and customer accounts, 1907-1924.
The L. E. Blain Clothing company of Albany, Oregon, operated from 1892 until 1976. The collection (1882-1910) contains bound financial ledgers, account journals, and cash books.
The Lane County Farmer's Union Cooperative mill was built in 1923, primarily to process grain. The collection contains meeting minutes, reports, audits, ledgers, and pamphlets.
Lewis Investment Company of Portland, Oregon was a real estate firm incorporated in 1909 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and Robert W. Lewis. Collection contains corporate records including Board of Director's, stockholder’s, and Executive Committee minutes, cash books, journals, ledgers, balances and reports, and correspondence.
James Willis Nesmith was a US Senator and a US Representative of Oregon, between 1861-1875. The collection consists of an account book.