Women -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies and clubs
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The current Eugene Shakespeare Club, an organization of women devoted to the study of Shakespeare's works, was founded in 1909 and continues in existence as of the date of this writing (1993). The collection contains correspondence, constitutions, histories and recollections, and minutes that include annual reports, clippings, programs, and membership information.
The Fortnightly Club of Eugene was organized in December 1893 by Dr. Alice Hall Chapman as a study club dedicated to continuing education, and later evolved into advocating for library facilities and services in Eugene. The collection contains meeting minutes, scrapbooks and photographs, program books, financial records, and documents relating to club events, projects, and members' work.
The Orides Club (circa 1935-1975) was an organization for independent women at the University of Oregon and the Club also included many female community members from Eugene, Oregon. Collection contains office records, meeting minutes, directories, and bylaws.