Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
University of Oregon Charter Day cerebrations commemorate the University's founding on October 18, 1876. The collection contains printed event programs for Charter Day celebrations for the years 1951; 1954; 1956; 1957; and 1959.
Travelling chautauqua shows offered lectures, plays, and concerts of religious, classical, and popular music, and in 1912, J.R. Ellison joined with Clarence H. White in establishing the Ellison-White Chautauqua Bureau, headquartered in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains articles of incorporation, bylaws, minutes, articles, and programs, 1912-1928.
The High School Debating League was started by the Oregon Teacher Association and the University of Oregon contributed by publishing the Debating News newsletter, scheduling, and hosting the championship debate. The collection includes correspondence, programs, copies of the Debating News, and meeting minutes, 1910-1924.
The Social Science Club held programs devoted to exploring topics relating to the social sciences. Records include office files, minutes, meeting notices and programs, correspondence, membership data, financial records, and speeches from 1930-1953.
Umpqua Academy Association was composed of former students and graduates of the Umpqua Academy, a Methodist school located in Wilbur, Oregon. The collection (1874-1930) contains Association correspondence and programs, a photograph of the school bell, gathered historical papers including legal documents, and sketches of the school and grounds.
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.
Clarence H. White (1874-1945) established the Ellison-White Lyceum and Chautauqua Association, and also founded a conservatory of music in Portland. The collection (1898-1945) contains correspondence, reports and a program of the Chautauqua Association, and catalogues and programs of the music conservatory.