College students -- Oregon -- Eugene
Found in 28 Collections and/or Records:
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
The social fraternity Alpha Tau Omega was founded in 1865 at the Virginia Military Institute, and the Oregon Gamma Phi chapter was founded in 1910 and was closed in 2000. The collection contains historical information, pledge song information, and issues of the chapter publication, The Bumper, 1954-1966.
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
The Community Action program originated in the Department of Human Services and participants undertook action in local communities. The collection contains two copies of a VHS video of the project.
The Creative Writing Program at the University of Oregon offers a minor concentration, the Kidd Tutorial program (a yearlong course for undergraduates), and a masters degree. The collection contains the records of short story winner of W. Kidd, 1974.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
The Failing and Beekman student oratory contest at the University of Oregon began with an endowment established in 1883 by Henry Failing and C.C. Beekman that awarded two yearly prizes. The collection contains collected hand-written and typed orations by students, some with notations.
The Half Century Club was made up of University of Oregon alumni that had graduated in the 19th century. Collection consists of one record book of minutes taken during 1950-1957.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. Mujeres is a program within MEChA that began in 1995 and is focused on Chicanas and other women of color. The collection contains an informational pamphlet.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. The collection contains publications and pamphlets related to 2009 conferences.
The University of Oregon Mortar Board Society was founded in 1923. The collection includes office files, minutes, and society history files.
Founded in 1899, the Oregon Daily Emerald (ODE) is a student-run independent daily campus newspaper at the University of Oregon. The collection (1920-2004) contains photographs, negatives, and slides, assignment ledger, ODE issues, minutes, reports, correspondence, and office files.
Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha of Oregon chapter, became the first chapter in the state of Oregon in 1923. Collection (1903-1993) includes bulletins, meeting minutes, secretary's book, constitution, and annual reports.
The Philologian Society was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains one hand-written record book of minutes, 1893-1903.
The Propeller Club of the United States supports National and International Marine industry and waterways. The collection includes meeting minutes, correspondence, and historical information, 1937-1950.
This collection contains approximately 1,600 drawings created by architecture students in the University of Oregon’s school of Architecture and Allied Arts during the years 1914-1970. Stored in the Architecture and Allied Arts Library in Lawrence Hall, the works are arranged chronologically by year, then alphabetically by creator. They were created using various media, including charcoal, watercolor, and blueprint, and range in size from 18” x 28” to 46” x 72”.
Beverly "Bev Smith" played women's basketball for the Unviersity of Oregon 1978-1982. This collection contains a scrapbook, correspondence, photographs, and clippings.
Collection contains correspondence to Clifton B. Davis, early University of Oregon student and contributing editor for the student newspaper at the time, The Reflector.
Students at the University of Oregon have written and performed numerous orations for ceremonies, contests, and class work. The collection contains hand-written and typed student orations, some with notations.
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.
The University Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) (previously named Academic Learning Services Center) provides numerous services including programs, workshops, courses, tutors, and mentors to assist students with their educational pursuits at the University of Oregon. The collection contains correspondence and meeting minutes, 1971-1975.
John Edward Tysell, Jr. attended the University of Oregon from 1958-1962. This collection contains political ephemera and slides documenting Tysell's collegiate experience at the University of Oregon.
Collection comprises clippings, articles, press releases, publications, and correspondence relating to University of Oregon faculty, administrators, and students, circa 1930s to present.
The collection contains over 4800 photographic negatives of University of Oregon faculty, students, buildings, organizations, and events, circa 1929 to 1973.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
Melville Wire was the son of a Methodist minister from Mt. Tabor (Portland), Oregon, and was a student at the University of Oregon from 1895-1896, and Albany College in 1897. The collection (1894-1897) consists of diaries.