Found in 19 Collections and/or Records:
A. R. Shipley and Company was a "Wholesale and Retail Dealer in Standard and Miscellaneous Books" in Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, legal papers, and invoices.
Finis Caruthers was a Portland, Oregon Territory, land owner. The collection consists of a photostat copy of a deed transferring ownership of a Portland lot from Caruthers to Clinton Kelly.
The collection consists of a single probate court document deeding "lots numbered one and two" to James Athey.
Clatsop County, Oregon School District No. 1 and J. Munson, entered into a legal agreement regarding land. The collection a legal document between the school district No. 1 and Munson, dated January 9, 1865.
Stephen Coffin (1808-1882) was a pioneer and early Oregon landowner. The collection consists of a deed issued by Coffin for "lots seven and eight" of "block number 5" of the Portland town site.
Miriam L. Condon was a writer of stories for young people, and was possibly a relative of Frank Condon. The collection (1892-1968) contains correspondence including letters from publishers, manuscripts of anecdotes, poems, and short stories, legal documents, including deeds and contracts belonging to Frank Condon, photographs and historical postcards, negatives, and a travel notebook of a trip to Mexico.
Lewis C. Cooper was an early resident of Portland. The collection consists of a deed transferring ownership of Cooper's Portland, Oregon Territory property to Thomas F. Scott.
Francis DeWitt was a pioneer who came to the Oregon Territory from Germany in 1847 on a sailing vessel. The collection consists of a deed, drawn up by DeWitt, transferring ownership of two lots in the city of Portland to Philander Buchanan.
Collection is comprised of a Deed of Land documenting the sale of land from Samuel and Permelia Nebeker to Seldon Warner, all of Linn County, Oregon.
Originally from Maine, A. P. Dennison (1824-1896) held numerous minor political offices in the Oregon Territory, including Adjutant General. The papers consist of receipts, letters of appointment, reports, and a bound scrapbook.
Addison Crandall Gibbs (1825-1886) was the Civil War governor of Oregon, a Union supporter, a lawyer, and a businessman. The collection consists of a deed ceding Gibbs' claim to a piece of land on Elk Creek.
John Kelly (b. 1818) was a 19th-century Oregon rancher, businessman, and politician. The Kelly-Seavey Family Papers comprise the political and business papers of John Kelly, papers of other Kelly family members, and a small segment of Seavey family papers, as well as several boxes of photographs.
Deed of gift for three enslaved people named Rachel, Bess, and Doll and the estate of Margaret Masters, written on November 16, 1776 in Frederick County, Maryland.
The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.
Fabritus R. Smith (1819-1898) came to Oregon in 1846 with Joseph Waldo, where he lived and worked his land claim near Salem. The collection consists of the diaries of Smith and his son, Hamlin, as well as personal and legal papers.
Stearns and Chenoweth was a hardware store located in Oakland, Oregon, that dealt in hardware, stoves, tinware, guns, pistols and sewing machines. The collection (1855-1912) contains deeds and legal papers, account books, a map, and correspondence.
Robert L. White (1865-1932) was a resident of Brownsville, Oregon. The collection (1865-1932) consists of legal documents such as indentures, deeds, warrants and citations, and also correspondence.
William H. Willson (1805-1856) was a doctor and preacher in the Oregon Territory and is remembered as the "founder of Salem." The collection consists of a single, 1 paged warranty deed of various pieces of land in the Oregon Territory written by William H. Willson to A. Kitelinger in the presence of H. Holden and C. N. Terry.