Found in 635 Collections and/or Records:
Collection comprises a short biography of Caroline Thurman Buffum, pioneer to Oregon and resident of Amity, Oregon, written by Laura Judy.
The collection consists of 111 black and white photographic prints of road and railroad construction projects that the J.W. Sweeney Construction Company undertook throughout Oregon from 1904 to 1926.
Gretchen Kafoury co-founded the Oregon chapter of the National Organization of Women in 1970 and the Oregon Women's Political Caucus in 1971. She served as an Oregon State Representative (1977-1982), as a Multnomah County Commissioner (1985-1990) and on the Portland City Council (1991-1998).
This collection is comprised of a variety of materials collected by Kafoury throughout the 1970s and early 1980s that are related to various women's groups and causes.
Francis Keally was architect of the Oregon State capitol, and was consulted about alterations to it.
Geep Oregon Green Association is a non-profit group that organized in Oregon in 1940 expressly for the purpose of educating the public about forest fire prevention. The collection contains annual meeting minutes, correspondence, budget files, printed matter, subject files, a history of KOG, and clippings.
John Kelly (b. 1818) was a 19th-century Oregon rancher, businessman, and politician. The Kelly-Seavey Family Papers comprise the political and business papers of John Kelly, papers of other Kelly family members, and a small segment of Seavey family papers, as well as several boxes of photographs.
Robert C. Kelsay (1898-1954) worked for the U.S. Forest Service and was stationed at Oakridge, Oregon. The collection (1948-1954) contains twenty-one work diaries, mostly regarding road surveying and road building.
Harry M. Kenin (? - 1954) served two terms the Oregon State Senate, in 1939 and 1941, representing Clackamas, Multnomah, and Columbia counties. The collection (1939-1942) contains Kenin's recollections regarding his service in the state senate.
Raymond Earle Kerr was a U.S. Navy Commander and a conservationist. The Raymond Earle Kerr papers contain material concerning Kerr's activities relating to the problems of air and water pollution in Oregon. The papers are arranged by organizations and subject. The collection concludes with personal memorabilia and material related to Oregon history, with a focus on Lane county.
Clyde L. Kiddle (1891-1969) was a native of Iowa who came to Oregon in 1896, served in the Oregon state Senate for one year in 1937, and then resigned in 1938 for a federal position with Oregon agriculture. The collection (1937-1938) contains letters from constituents, personal correspondence, scrapbook pages, bills introduced by Kiddle, Senate committee information, subject files, and biographical material.
Benjamin Hamilton Kizer (1878 - ) was an attorney and a member and official of planning boards/commissions including the American Society of Planning Officials, Northwest Regional Council, and the National Resources Planning Board. The collection (1934-1959) contains reports, documents, and correspondence of boards and commissions to which Kizer belonged and a transcript of the 1949 State Department Round Table discussion on American policy towards China.
Koontz Garage and Machine Shop (now called Koontz Machine and Welding) is a Coos Bay, Oregon based company that was established in 1906. The collection contains twelve business ledgers showing expenses, income, and customer accounts, 1907-1924.
The Kraemer family of Oregon and California includes Otto J. Kraemer, Julius Kraemer, and Julius' children. The collection (1897-1939) consists of material regarding the Kraemer family, Jews in Oregon, and political matters, and material includes correspondence and addresses by members of the Kraemer family, and letters from Senator George E. Chamberlain.
The Ku Klux Klan, Tillamook Chapter No. 8 was active from 1921 through 1938; its activities were mostly anti-Catholic and anti-Semitic. The collection contains correspondence, minutes, reports, membership lists and paraphernalia, financial records, an account ledger, and costume insignia. Included are some records pertaining to the Klan’s Empire Mutual Life Insurance Company, a national organization.
The L. E. Blain Clothing company of Albany, Oregon, operated from 1892 until 1976. The collection (1882-1910) contains bound financial ledgers, account journals, and cash books.
Earl Landreth (1893-1966) served as an officer in the Philippine Scouts in 1915, and in the U.S. Army, 1917, and rose to the rank of Colonel. The collection consists of correspondence from Landreth to his family during WWII, lectures delivered at Ft. Leavenworth, biographical material, and a publication by Landreth titled Washington Diaries, 1933-1935.
The collection contains handwritten minutes from a Lane County Business Council meeting on December 12, 1876. The meeting was concerned with the wheat market, grange cooperatives, and Oregon's representation at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia.
The Lane County Farmer's Union Cooperative mill was built in 1923, primarily to process grain. The collection contains meeting minutes, reports, audits, ledgers, and pamphlets.
Joseph Lane (1801-1881) was an active Oregonian politician serving as Governor and Oregon's first Senator. The Joseph Lane papers include diaries, correspondence, legal documents, newspaper clippings, a draft of Nina Lane Faubion’s biography of Lane, and photographs.
William A. Langille (1869-1956) came with his family to Hood River, Oregon in 1882. The Langille family operated the Cloud Cap Inn on Mt. Hood. Langille was a prospector in the Klondyke gold fields and Alaska state forester; eventually he was appointed forest manager for the Oregon State Parks Department. This collection contains correspondence, short stories, articles and reports that focus on his time in Alaska, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Oregon.
Olaf Laurgaard (1880-1945) was city engineer of Portland, Oregon. The papers are correspondence, reports, plans, specifications, and drawings for a Portland, Oregon waterfront project, 1919-1933, and other city projects.
Ellis F. Lawrence was an American architect. Conllection includes correspondence, architectural drawings, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Lawrence & Holford, or McNaughton, Raymond & Lawrence, mainly in Oregon and Washington, from 1909 to 1924.
Lawrence, Tucker & Wallmann was an architectural firm in Portland, Oregon, from 1946-1960. It was the successor firm to Tucker and Wallmann, and Lawrence and Lawrence, two other Portland, Oregon firms. The principals of the firm were Abbott Lawrence, Ernest F. Tucker, and George R. Wallmann. The collection includes project files, drawings, and film.
The Lay Council for Better Education for Lane County School District No. 69 was an organization that formed to promote school improvement. The collection (1956-1960) contains by-laws, meeting minutes, including Board of Director's and School Board minutes, correspondence, reports, and financial records.
Lilla Irvin Leach (1886-1980) was a field botanist who specialized in Oregon flora from 1915-1945. She discovered more than a dozen species and two new genera, Kalmiopsis leachiana and Bensoniella oregana. Lilla and her husband John Leach purchased a tract of land in southeast Portland where they developed a botanical garden named Sleepy Hollow. The collection includes correspondence, notes, notebooks, articles, and a few photographs.
The collection contains the state, national, and local records for chapters of the League of Women Voters of Oregon. The records include individual files for many projects at the national, state, and local levels. The collection also includes publicity materials and newspaper clippings regarding the local activities of the league.
Charles C. Lewis was a member of the Mazama climbing club. The collection consists of a letter by Lewis describing an expedition to set up heliographs atop Mt. Adams and Mt. Jefferson, as well as two matted photographs of Mt. Jefferson.