Skip to main content

Eugene (Or.) -- History

 Subject
Subject Source: Lcnaf

Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:

Afro-American Institute records

 Collection — Box 1: [Barcode: ALMA230926]
Identifier: SFM 244
Abstract The Afro-American Institute, headquartered in Eugene, Oregon was a non-profit organization to bring increased awareness of the achievments of black people and to help the community understand problems facing the black community. The records Include articles of incorportaion, mission and purpose documents, and two newsletters.
Dates: 1971-1973

Robert D. Clark papers

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 285
Abstract Robert Donald Clark (1910- ) was a professor of speech, author, public speaker, and university president. The Robert D. Clark Papers are comprised of correspondence, schoolwork, speeches, writings, research notes, publications, administrative reports and memoranda, and reference files.
Dates: 1928-1990

Collection of Eugene Register-Guard political cartoons

 Collection — Folder 1 : [Barcode: i19790442]
Identifier: SFM 150
Abstract Sketches of political cartoons concerning city and county issues which appeared in various issues of the Eugene Register-Guard newspaper.
Dates: 19--

Skinner's Butte cross issue

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i18215452]
Identifier: SFM 018
Abstract Essay by two students which outlines the chronological events surrounding the Skinner Butte Cross controversy and the ensuing pro/con arguments, Dec. 9, 1969.
Dates: not yet dated

Frank G. McMurry dedication of the School at the Point of the Hills, Eugene, Oregon

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i18074698]
Identifier: SFM 020
Abstract Transcript of a speech given by Frank G. McMurry and Eleanor Turrell, dedicating the Point of the Hills School, Aug. 9, 1959. Includes photographs of the ceremony; the marker; and Sarah Ann Moore, the teacher of the school. The marker was established by t.
Dates: 1959 Aug. 9

Pioneer Cemetery Plot Book

 Collection — Volume 1: [Barcode: 35025041653516]
Identifier: UA 074
Abstract The Pioneer Cemetery of Eugene, Oregon was established by Spencer's Butte Lodge No. 9 of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, in 1873, for use as a fraternal cemetery. The collection consists of a plot book that supplies name and grave locations for graves created between 1873-1928.
Dates: 1873-1929

Register-Guard records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Bx 007
Abstract The Register-Guard began as the Eugene Guard newspaper, based in Eugene, Oregon. The collection contains files from the editor's desk and includes subject files and correspondence concerning local, city, and state issues and politics, 1941-1946.
Dates: 1941-1946

Scott Family papers

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 302
Abstract Charles Leland Scott (1866-1924) was the mayor of Springfield, Oregon; a bank president; and an educator in the Eugene, Oregon area in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The Scott Family Papers comprise the personal and professional papers of Charles Leland Scott, the papers of his wife, Mollie Brattain Scott, a schoolteacher, and of the Scott children and other relatives. The collection includes correspondence, journals, diaries, catalogs, account books, deeds and mortgages,...
Dates: circa 1850-2004

Margaret Mary Widmer biographical sketch

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: i18652761]
Identifier: SFM 059
Abstract Biographical sketch of Margaret Mary Widmer, daughter of Oregon pioneer Conrad Widmer. Includes a brief history of the Widmer family.
Dates: 1900s