Lumbering -- Oregon
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
In 1922, the West Coast Lumberman's Association sued the Abilene and Southern Railway Co. regarding "unjust and unreasonable" lumber rates. The collection (1922-1924) contains testimonies, briefs, exhibits, lumber company statistics and research, and correspondence used in the case.
This collection consists of one photograph album depicting the commercial logging and lumbering operations of the Booth-Kelly Lumber Company in Mosby Creek and Springfield, Oregon in the mid-twentieth century. The album contains 85 8"x10" black and white photographs with indexed identifying captions.
Junior F. Daggett (1891-1960) was a lumberman in Prineville, Oregon. Papers include correspondence, legislative documents, and subject files relating to Daggett's work in the lumber industry spanning multiple organizations.
Forest Grove Door and Lumber Co was the sucessor to J.L. Smith and Son and manufactured lumber, sash, moulding, and furniture. The Forest Grove Door and Lumber Co. collection contains a minute book of the board of directors and loose correspondence.
MacGregor was manager of the Buenos Aires office of Balfour, Williamson in 1905. The correspondence in this letterpress book concerns commercial affairs, particularly trade in Pacific Northwest lumber.
T. Metcalf was the superintendent of public works for the town of Oswego. The collection consists of a copy of a single letter from T. Metcalf to Albert A. Durham concerning a business trip to Hawaii.
T. Metcalf was the superintendant of public works for the town of Oswego. The collection consists of a copy of a single letter from T. Metcalf to Albert A. Durham concerning a business trip to Hawaii.
T. Metcalf was the superintendent of public works for the town of Oswego. The collection consists of a lumber contract brokered by Metcalf between the Hawaiian Government and Albert A. Durham of Oswego, Oregon.
The collection consists of one album of Shevlin-Hixson logging operations in Bend, including men and women mill workers, mill, kitchen and dining hall, and logging and milling equipment.
John Hawthorne Stadden (1873-1961) was an itinerant Northwest photographer from 1907-1909 and opened Stadden Photographic Studio in Marshfield (Coos Bay) in 1909. The collection consists of images of the Coos Bay area of the Oregon coast, c. 1910-1920.
Samuel J Steckel was the owner of Steckels Sawmill located on the West Evans Creek, in Jackson County, Oregon. His diary describes in detail his day to day activities including the status of the mill, his family life and the weather.
George Browne Van Waters (1856-1934) was a Protestant Episcopal clergyman who served in Pennsylvania before traveling to Oregon where he became the Oregon Diocese from 1891-1924, and founded St. David's and Grace Memorial Church in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains correspondence, parish records, sermons, a timber account book, family legal and financial papers, and penal reform documents by Miriam Van Waters.