Receipts (financial records)
Found in 26 Collections and/or Records:
James F. Amis was an attorney who served as the first justice of the peace in Eugene, OR. Records include letters, legal documents, checks, receipts, cash book, one bound domestic bible with family records, and other miscellaneous items
Sales receipt for cotton sold to T.G. Pratt, Esq., agent for the city of Alton, Ill., June 15, 1865.
Letter from the Arthur H. Clark Company to Miss Mary F. Failing describing and offering to sell her a rare original edition of Oregon Missions and Travels by P.J. DeSmet. Includes a receipt for the sale of the book to Miss Failing.
This collection includes articles of incorporation and minutes of stockholders' meetings. The incorporators were Archibald Whisnant, George Vath, and James B. Kerr. Also in this volume are the corporate records of the Bend Press Publishing Co., 1916-1919, the directors being Clyde M. McKay, George T. Pearce, and D. B. Stuart.
William Alexander Carter (1818-1881) was the sutler and post trader at Ft. Bridger, Wyoming, from 1858 to 1881, and his business was continued by his widow, Mary. The collection (1850-1912) contains invoices, receipts, contracts, checks, and minor personal correspondence.
Robert Caufield was born in Broughshand County, Ireland and moved to Oregon City in 1847, where he became a county judge and opened a grocery store. His papers include tax receipts and a receipt for a medical bill.
Originally from Maine, A. P. Dennison (1824-1896) held numerous minor political offices in the Oregon Territory, including Adjutant General. The papers consist of receipts, letters of appointment, reports, and a bound scrapbook.
Sales receipts for merchandise purchased by J. A. Ebbert from Sibson, Church & Co. and Allen & Lewis.
Theodore T. Geer (1851-1924) served in the Oregon State House of Representatives in the 1880s and as governor of Oregon, from January 9, 1899 until January 14, 1903. The collection contains a receipt regarding political offices written by Geer on April 18, 1898.
Collection Includes debit and credit accounts, Scottsburg, Oregon, 1857, 1858; accounts of Union Ranch, Curry County; Salmon Gulch Mine; personal accounts; receipts for tuition, Umpqua Academy.
An active participant in early Oregon government, John Kelly (1818- ) was an Irishman and a Republican. The collection consists of Kelly's correspondence, as well as some assorted bills and receipts.
John Kelly (b. 1818) was a 19th-century Oregon rancher, businessman, and politician. The Kelly-Seavey Family Papers comprise the political and business papers of John Kelly, papers of other Kelly family members, and a small segment of Seavey family papers, as well as several boxes of photographs.
Charles T. McDaniel was, for many years, a cashier of the Stockgrowers & Farmers National Bank of Wallowa, Oregon. The collection contains bank correspondence, personal and family correspondence, a travel diary, memorial letters, and a photograph album.
The McMinnville (Oregon) Ladies’ Sanitary Aid Society was founded in 1863 to support Union troops by providing volunteer support and raising money. The collection (1861-1865; 1961) contains a secretary's book, a treasurer's book, annual report, constitution and bylaws, meeting minutes, Juvenile Sanitary Society information, correspondence, receipts, and a story regarding the society.
Letters from Miller to A.G. Hovey concerning payment of bank note, Nov. 18, 1897-Feb. 25, 1902. Also includes payment receipt signed by Miller, Mar. 1902.
Milton Shannon was the first postmaster of Monroe, Oregon, and he also owned a general store. The collection (1868-1876) contains a scrapbook of invoices and receipts.
Multnomah School District number 1 was established in 1854 to service families in the Portland area of the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a building contract and receipts.
The Multnomah County School District was established in 1854. The collection consists of correspondence and financial records of the District from 1858-1859.
The Oregon Stage Coach Company, owned by Henry W. Corbett, ran a major route between California and Oregon during the mid 1800s. The collection (1866-1867) includes bills, receipts, and waybills.
People's Transportation Co. of Salem, Oregon was incorporated in 1862, and sold in 1871 to the Willamette Transportation Co. The collection contains proceedings of the stockholders and directors.
In 1876, the Oregon legislature vested a Board of Regents with governance of the University of Oregon, a role that lasted until 1929. Collection contains office files, correspondence, minutes, biennial and annual reports, Deady Hall repair files, department, dorm, and building naming and dedication files, professor profiles, dorm information, and a record book.
Washington Street Market Company was a grocery firm in Portland, Oregon incorporated by Samson Hirsch, Otto J. Kraemer, and M. I. Gustavson. The collection (1932-1933) contains articles of incorporation, correspondence, stockholder's and Board of Director's meeting minutes, and receipts.
Established in 1837, the Willamette Cattle Company was formed with the expressed purpose of purchasing cattle in California and bringing it to the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of letters and receipts.