Women landscape architects
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Elizabeth Lord (1887-1976) and Edith Schryver (1901-1984) founded the Lord and Schryver landscape architecture firm in 1929 in Salem, Oregon. The Lord and Schryver landscape architectural records collection contains landscaping plans and drawings, correspondence, office files, subject files, photographs, brief biographical sketches, and notes relating to Lord’s and Schryver’s work as landscape architects.
This collection contains approximately 1,600 drawings created by architecture students in the University of Oregon’s school of Architecture and Allied Arts during the years 1914-1970. Stored in the Architecture and Allied Arts Library in Lawrence Hall, the works are arranged chronologically by year, then alphabetically by creator. They were created using various media, including charcoal, watercolor, and blueprint, and range in size from 18” x 28” to 46” x 72”.