Clubs -- Oregon -- Eugene
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Eugene Obsidians photograph album
The collection consists of one album of the Eugene Obsidians hiking group, 1928-1934. Clippings and snapshots from club outings to Castle Rock, Heceta Head, Mary's Peak, Bohemia, Fort Rock, Duval Falls, Proxy Creek, Green Peak, Eagle's Rest, Belknap Crater, Skyline Trail, Triangle Lake, South Sister, Cowhorn, Odell Lake, Mt. Thielsen, and Crater Lake.
Eugene Shakespeare Club records
The current Eugene Shakespeare Club, an organization of women devoted to the study of Shakespeare's works, was founded in 1909 and continues in existence as of the date of this writing (1993). The collection contains correspondence, constitutions, histories and recollections, and minutes that include annual reports, clippings, programs, and membership information.
Fortnightly Club of Eugene records
The Fortnightly Club of Eugene was organized in December 1893 by Dr. Alice Hall Chapman as a study club dedicated to continuing education, and later evolved into advocating for library facilities and services in Eugene. The collection contains meeting minutes, scrapbooks and photographs, program books, financial records, and documents relating to club events, projects, and members' work.
Half Century Club records
The Half Century Club was made up of University of Oregon alumni that had graduated in the 19th century. Collection consists of one record book of minutes taken during 1950-1957.
MEChA Mujeres records
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. Mujeres is a program within MEChA that began in 1995 and is focused on Chicanas and other women of color. The collection contains an informational pamphlet.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. The collection contains publications and pamphlets related to 2009 conferences.
Obsidians, Inc. records
Obsidians, Inc. is a local, Eugene, Oregon club that serves to educate people about the outdoors, particularly hiking opportunities in the West. The collection contains meeting minutes, summit registers, and trip reports. These records are bound into volumes, except those that, due to preservation concerns, are now housed in archival boxes.
Round Table Club of Eugene records
The Round Table Club of Eugene is a social and intellectual club, which began in 1912. Originally it was only open to men in the Eugene area with a college degree. It opened its membership to women in 1996. The collection includes programs, minutes, papers, club and member information, correspondence, and financial documents.
Social Science Club records
The Social Science Club held programs devoted to exploring topics relating to the social sciences. Records include office files, minutes, meeting notices and programs, correspondence, membership data, financial records, and speeches from 1930-1953.