Found in 32 Collections and/or Records:
Adams and Company of California was a subsidiary of the Adams Express Company, a shipping and local delivery firm. The collection includes a single four-page list of items and services offered by Adams and Company of California.
Albany Nurseries was established in 1888 and owned by Albert Brownell. Collection consist of four journal volumes (1899-1907), one trial journal (1904-1905) and two ledger books (1891-1905). One ledger includes a Brownell family expense account.
The Alden Fruit Preserving Co was located in Salem, Oregon. Their records include one volume documenting the elections of the officers, articles, and board minutes.
American Heritage magazine was founded in late 1949 by the American Association for State and Local History (AASLH), which published five volumes until 1954 when AASLH sold the magazine to three former Time, Inc. editors, James Parton, Oliver Jensen and Joseph J. Thorndike, Jr. The collection contains founding documents, annual reports, Board of Directors meeting minutes, financial records, memoranda and correspondence, office bulletins, and publicity materials.
Leonard A. Andrus was a civil engineer who surveyed and reported on Pacific Northwest firms during the 1920s. The collection (1921-1930) contains financial, asset, and policy reports on firms in the Pacific Northwest.
Lloyd Bond was a Landscape Architect who worked out of Eugene, Oregon, primarily on projects in Oregon but also in the Pacific Northwest. The collection includes client files and correspondence, office files, architectural drawings, and photographs.
William Alexander Carter (1818-1881) was the sutler and post trader at Ft. Bridger, Wyoming, from 1858 to 1881, and his business was continued by his widow, Mary. The collection (1850-1912) contains invoices, receipts, contracts, checks, and minor personal correspondence.
Norman N. Elliott (1869- ) was a rancher in Baker County, Oregon and an active member of farm and banking organizations. The collection includes business correspondence, tax, financial, and legal records, and ranch ledgers.
Fort Klamath Creamery Co. minutes of the board of directors and stockholders. The minutes are followed by sundry accounts. Officers of the company were J. B. Gardner, Fred Melhase, and John F. Loosley.
Thomas G. Greene (1860-1944) was born in Washington County, Indiana, and obtained an LL.B. degree from the University of Oregon Law department in 1892. The collection consists of political correspondence, corporate records, diaries, and office files.
The Hedden family, owners of the Hedden Store in Scottsburg, Oregon, were some of the original inhabitants of the town, arriving in 1851. The collection primarily contains personal correspondence within the Hedden family dating from 1885-1959 and also documents and business correspondence dating from 1880 to 1969.
Under captain Samuel Very, the Hurricane sailed out of London to Hong Kong and Calcutta, India in 1855. This collection includes Hurricane documents, receipts, and related papers from the 1855 voyage.
The Junction City Realty Company was a real estate firm associated with Lewis Investment Company. The collection contains corporate records including stockholder's meeting minutes and a stock book.
Kola Neis Company had the following officers: Kola Neis, Harry Schlosser, and O. O. McClellan. Records Include articles of incorporation and minutes of directors for Kola Neis Hop Company.
Leland Land Company was a real estate company associated with the Lewis Investment Co. The records include minute books, a journal, a ledger, and real estate books.
Lewis Investment Company of Portland, Oregon was a real estate firm incorporated in 1909 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and Robert W. Lewis. Collection contains corporate records including Board of Director's, stockholder’s, and Executive Committee minutes, cash books, journals, ledgers, balances and reports, and correspondence.
The Oregon State Industrial Accident Commission was established to oversee worker's compensation distributions from the state's industrial accident fund. The collection consists of the business and administrative records of the Commission from 1935-1960.
In 1864, the Oregon Iron Company built the first charcoal iron smelter on the Pacific Coast on the edge of Oswego, Oregon, now known as Lake Oswego. The collection (1866-1870) contains correspondence, bills, payrolls, and reports, and other business records.
This collection contains information about Oregon Quicksilver Incorporated and Mines Service Incorporated, both located in Oregon. The collection contains superintendent's reports, timecards, stocks, invoices, correspondence, photographs, and legal documents. Also contained in this collection is information about the Prosperity Mine and the Bonanza Bar in the form of placer claims, drawings of locations, legal documents and notes.
This collection contains 53 correspondence relating to the establishment of the Oregon Southern Improvement Co., 1883.
The Pioneer Realty Company was founded in 1896 and based in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains corporate records including minute books, stock books, journals, and ledgers.
The Lone Fir Cemetery is the oldest of Portland's original cemeteries and was established in 1846. Collection includes articles of incorporation, oaths of office, records concerning the Oregon Asylum, annual reports of the treasurer, stock certificates, vouchers, and miscellaneous items.
Malcolm Reiss (1905-1975) was an editor, author of stories and a book, China Boat Boy, and also an author's agent. The collection contains personal papers including correspondence, manuscripts, and published articles, and also business records of Fiction House including correspondence, contracts, and financial records.
St. Johns Waterworks and Lighting Company was a Portland, Oregon public utility incorporated by J. L. Hartman, E. L. Thompson, and H. L. Powers; J. C. Scott was the majority stockholder. The collection (1903-1916) consists of a record book that contains director's and stockholder's meeting minutes, articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws.
Ira D. Staggs (1888-1973) farmed and raised livestock near Baker City, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence and documentation primarily concerned with Staggs' life as a rancher.
Dorothy Sterling (1913-2008) is a writer, particularly of fiction and non-fiction books for children and young adults. The collection consists of a typed manuscript for "The Luce Empire", as well as supporting research materials for the book dating from 1923-1950.
William M. "Bill" Tugman (1893-1961) served as the managing editor, then editor, of the Register Guard newspaper from 1927-1954. The collection contains correspondence, subject files, manuscripts, speeches, biographical information, and also business records of the Port Umpqua Courier.
Woodlawn Plywood company was located in Hoquiam, WA. The collection contains ledgers and journals, cash, sales, account, and stock information, correspondence, deeds and leases, contracts and mortgages, and ledgers of the Northern Timber company.