Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 128
A. R. Shipley and Company was a "Wholesale and Retail Dealer in Standard and Miscellaneous Books" in Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, legal papers, and invoices.
Allen and Lewis company was a firm of wholesale grocers that was incorporated in 1897 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and F. A. Spencer. The collection contains corporate records including meeting minutes and stock ledgers, as well as stock books and ledgers of subsidiary companies including Glafke-Dixon Co., Douglas Food Stores, Inc., and Consolidated Stores, Inc.
Cicero Hunt Lewis (1826-1897) (also known as Cicero Horatius Lewis) and Lucius H. Allen created the Allen and Lewis mercantile company in Portland, Oregon in 1851. The collection contains five ledgers of sales, cash, consignments and account records, 1851-1868.
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
American Heritage magazine was founded in late 1949 by the American Association for State and Local History (AASLH), which published five volumes until 1954 when AASLH sold the magazine to three former Time, Inc. editors, James Parton, Oliver Jensen and Joseph J. Thorndike, Jr. The collection contains founding documents, annual reports, Board of Directors meeting minutes, financial records, memoranda and correspondence, office bulletins, and publicity materials.
The American Institute of Architects had a Southwest Oregon Chapter. The collection (1952-1962) contains meeting minutes, executive board minutes, reports to the executive, financial reports, membership information, events, and printed matter.
James F. Amis was an attorney who served as the first justice of the peace in Eugene, OR. Records include letters, legal documents, checks, receipts, cash book, one bound domestic bible with family records, and other miscellaneous items
Sales receipt for cotton sold to T.G. Pratt, Esq., agent for the city of Alton, Ill., June 15, 1865.
During the American Civil War, John T. Apperson served in the 1st Oregon Cavalry, and was stationed at Ft. Walla Walla and Ft. Dalles, in Oregon. Collection consists of 1 volume, a day book by John T. Apperson, 1872-1892.
The company also operated as the Applegate Mountain Ditch Co. Applegate Quartz Mining Co. collection includes an account book, time roll, and check book
Letter from the Arthur H. Clark Company to Miss Mary F. Failing describing and offering to sell her a rare original edition of Oregon Missions and Travels by P.J. DeSmet. Includes a receipt for the sale of the book to Miss Failing.
Smith C. Bartrum was an Oregon forest ranger who was involved in building trails, and who became the first Supervisor of the Umpqua National Forest. The collection (1899-1942) consists of Bartrum's autobiography, and also correspondence, monthly salary statements, and poetry.
During the 1990s, a group of activists formed a political action committee called Basic Rights Oregon (BRO) to fight against legislative measures in Oregon aimed at limiting gay and lesbian civil rights. The collection contains records from several state and local community organizations and is composed primarily of general administrative, campaign, and financial records, correspondence, newsletters and pamphlets, volunteer lists, audio and video tapes and reels, and artifacts.
This collection includes articles of incorporation and minutes of stockholders' meetings. The incorporators were Archibald Whisnant, George Vath, and James B. Kerr. Also in this volume are the corporate records of the Bend Press Publishing Co., 1916-1919, the directors being Clyde M. McKay, George T. Pearce, and D. B. Stuart.
Collection contains a property tax receipt for $8.16 issued to A. G. Boyd for multiple enslaved people. Paid on August 23, 1861 to S. G. Farrar, Sheriff of Mecklenburg County.
The collection (1864-1894) of Brownsville, Oregon town council records consists of minutes of the council, a treasurer's book, and an early map of Brownsville.
The Brownsville Woolen Mill was located in Brownsville, Oregon since the 1860s; the original main building was destroyed by a fire in 1955. The collection (1902-1913) contains the surviving records of the Mill including financial ledgers, journals, and day books.
Bullfrog Information Service was a magazine published in Eugene, Oregon, from June, 1971 till February, 1972, that focused on news and articles for and about the Northwest alternative community. The collection contains correspondence, advertising and distribution records, eight published issues and one unpublished, original illustrations and advertising art, financial records, and unpublished articles and poetry.
The California State Telegraph Company began in 1853, and by June 1867, the company was reorganized and subsumed as the Pacific Division of the Western Union Telegraph Company. The collection (1865-1868) contains financial records, telegrams, and other papers of the Ashland, Oregon tollhouse station.
William Alexander Carter (1818-1881) was the sutler and post trader at Ft. Bridger, Wyoming, from 1858 to 1881, and his business was continued by his widow, Mary. The collection (1850-1912) contains invoices, receipts, contracts, checks, and minor personal correspondence.
William M. Case and Isaac W. Case, brothers came to Oregon in the 1840s. Isaac Case was a merchant and banker. He went to the Idaho mines in 1862 and later settled in Astoria, where he founded the Astoria Savings Bank. This collection includes family letters, financial materials, family business papers, and other miscellaneous family papers.
Robert Caufield was born in Broughshand County, Ireland and moved to Oregon City in 1847, where he became a county judge and opened a grocery store. His papers include tax receipts and a receipt for a medical bill.
George Parkhurst Cheney (1871 - 1962) was publisher and editor of the Record-Chieftain, of Enterprise, Oregon. The collection (1907-1941) contains correspondence and documents regarding the status of City of Enterprise bonds, Citizen's Tax Committee correspondence, Oregon Voters magazines, and also a few mementos of Cheney's publishing career.
Includes articles of incorporation, minutes of stockholders' meetings, stock record, and dividend record. The firm was a cannery. The incorporators were Milton Smith, C. R. Hallberg, and W. H. Cooper.
The Columbia Transportation company owned and operated the Columbia North Beach Ferry company. The collection (1921-1954) contains articles of incorporation, minutes of shareholders' meetings, account books and ledgers.
The Committee to Keep Firemen Police and Teachers on the Job, directed by Roy N. Vernstrom, was formed to defeat Oregon state ballot measure number 7 (the 1 1/2% tax limitation), on the ballot November 5, 1968. The collection contains campaign materials including correspondence, advertising, memoranda, statistics, financial accounting, opinion surveys, and a study of the campaign by Verstrom.
Coos Bay and Coquille Transportation Co. was a steamboat company and the original directors were Nat H. Lane, Charles Merchant, and C. B. Golden. The collection (July 11, 1873 - February 11, 1876) contains meeting minutes and treasurer's reports.
The Cornucopia Mines company of Oregon was incorporated July 30, 1927 by Robert W. Betts, Blaine Hallock, and James H. Nichols as a successor company to the Baker Mines company. The collection contains corporate records, financial ledgers, and correspondence, 1918-1941.
Originally from Maine, A. P. Dennison (1824-1896) held numerous minor political offices in the Oregon Territory, including Adjutant General. The papers consist of receipts, letters of appointment, reports, and a bound scrapbook.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
- Subject: Financial records X
- Financial records 105
- Correspondence 73
- Oregon 51
- Receipts (financial records) 26
- Ledgers (account books) 24
- Reports 21
- Photographs 19
- Businesses and Corporations 15
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 13
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 13
- Articles of incorporation 11
- Business records 11
- Account books 10
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Portland 10
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 10
- Administrative records 9
- Annual reports 9
- Bylaws (administrative records) 9
- Cashbooks 8
- Diaries 8 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 15
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 4
- Lewis Investment Company (Portland, Or.) 3
- Allen & Lewis (Merchants) 2
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 2
- Democratic Party (Or.) 2
- Eugene Fruit Growers Association (Eugene, Or.) 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Haseltine, J. E. 2
- J.E. Haseltine & Co. 2
- Kelly, John, 1818- 2
- Portland Public Schools (Or.) 2
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 2
- United States. Army 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 2
- Ace Books 1
- Adam R. Shipley and Co. (Portland, Or.) 1
- Adams Express Company 1
- Ainsworth, J. C. (John Commingers), 1822-1893 1 + ∧ less