Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Fred Elijah Ames was a forester in Oregon. The collection contains his diaries, photographs, and reports.
Montgomery Meigs Atwater (1904-1976) was an author, forester, and avalanche expert. The collection includes manuscripts of books and articles, files of data on snow avalanche forecasting and control, and published books.
Smith C. Bartrum was an Oregon forest ranger who was involved in building trails, and who became the first Supervisor of the Umpqua National Forest. The collection (1899-1942) consists of Bartrum's autobiography, and also correspondence, monthly salary statements, and poetry.
Collection is comprised of a single album containing over 200 black and white photographs documenting the experiences of Elbert Owen Colvin, who worked as a carpenter for the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) and the United States Forest Service during the early 1930's.
Josiah Failing (1806-1877) was a businessman who became the fourth mayor of Portland in April of 1853. The collection consists of a petition to the Board of County Commissioners that they intervene on behalf of John Davis, a "destitute blind man".
Gertrude Jewett was the wife of William Buckhout Greeley, a forester and conservationist who worked during the first half of the twentieth century. Mrs. Greeley worked closely with her husband. The collection contains an oral interview of Gertrude Jewett from 1960 regarding her husband's career.
William Buckhout Greeley (1879-1955) was chief forester of the U.S. Forest Service from 1920-1928, and then became secretary-manager of the West Coast Lumbermen's Association.The collection consists of diaries, correspondence, articles, manuscripts and photographs.
Henry E. Haefner was a forester. The collection contains a copy of his recollections of working in Oregon as a forester from 1908 to 1953, including sixteen years in the Siskiyou National Forest.
Edward John Hanzlik (1886-1959) was a graduate of the University of Washington College of Forestry, 1912 and spent most of his career in the Pacific Northwest in the field of forest management. The collection contains field diaries, articles, an account book, Xi Sigma Pi correspondence, and photographs.
Asher Ireland was a forester in District 6 of the U. S. Forest Service. The collection (1914-1920) contains his field diaries describing his forestry work in Alaska, Washington, and Oregon.
Robert C. Kelsay (1898-1954) worked for the U.S. Forest Service and was stationed at Oakridge, Oregon. The collection (1948-1954) contains twenty-one work diaries, mostly regarding road surveying and road building.
The Melvin Leroy Merritt papers comprise family and professional material. The majority of the material focuses on Merritt's profession with the Forest Service, both in the United States and the Philippine Islands. The collection contains correspondence, private journals, as well as professional field diaries. In addition to Merritt's field journals, the collection also contains numerous field diaries of Juan Guthrie.
Glenn E. Mitchell (1888-1958) was game manager for the U. S. Forest Service, in Portland, Oregon. The collection (1940-1955) contains addresses, and manuscripts of articles on game management, as well as minutes of the Big Game Committee, and the Multnomah Anglers and Hunters Club.
Adolph Nilsson Fiend was a forester. His diaries describe his work for the U. S. Forest Service, District 6.
The USDA Forest Service Photographs consist of 26 official Bureau of Forestry images documenting work projects and landscape in national forests of Oregon and Washington. It is of interest for its documentation of the early years of the organization and for the forests depicted.
- Names: United States. Forest Service X
- Diaries 8
- Forestry and Forestry Products 8
- Oregon 8
- Forests and forestry -- Oregon 6
- Photographs 6
- Correspondence 5
- Foresters -- Oregon 5
- Field notes 3
- Forest management -- Northwest, Pacific 3
- Foresters -- United States 3
- Manuscripts for publication 3
- Environmental Conditions 2
- Forest management -- Oregon 2
- Forest reserves -- Oregon -- Management 2
- Forests and forestry -- United States 2
- Forests and forestry -- Washington (State) 2
- Logging 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Reminiscences 2
- United States. Forest Service -- Forest Service 2 ∧ less
- United States. Forest Service. Pacific Northwest Region 3
- Greeley, William Buckhout, 1879-1955 2
- United States. Forest Service. North Pacific Region 2
- West Coast Lumbermen's Association 2
- Ames, Fred Elijah, 1880-1957 1
- Atwater, Montgomery M. (Montgomery Meigs) 1
- Barnett, William H., 1856-1943 1
- Bartrum, Smith C., 1865-1942 1
- Brown, Percy, 1903- 1
- Bruckart, John Ray, 1887-1979 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Columbian Hotel (Portland, Or.) 1
- Davis, John 1
- Failing, Josiah, 1806-1877 1
- Fromme, Rudo L. 1
- Greeley, Gertrude Jewett, 1878- 1
- Haefner, Henry E., 1884- 1
- Hanzlik, Edward John, 1886-1959 1
- Ireland, Asher 1 ∧ less