Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Marshall Eugene Cornett (1898-1947) was a business owner and politician of Oregon who served in the state senate from 1941-1947 and was killed in a plane crash while still in office. The collection (1935-1949) contains correspondence files and speeches.
Joseph N. Dolph (1835-1897) served in the Oregon State Senate and was also elected to the U.S. Senate as a Republican, serving from 1883 to 1895. The collection contains a letter dated May 1, 1884 from Dolph to J. D. Lee of Dallas, Oregon concerning Oregon politics.
George Washington Dunn (1864-1961) served as a Republican in the Oregon legislator, first in the House and then from 1923-1942, in the Senate. The collection contains correspondence from constituents and other interested parties. concerns requests from and advice of constituents, and political negotiations.
Jesse Jewell Gard (1902-1967) was educated in banking at Rutgers University, worked for various banks in Oregon and was an active member of the Republican Party, serving on the Republican National Committee for many years. The collection contains political files, business and professional records, civic files, personal correspondence, and memorabilia.
Walter Huss (1918-2006) was a reverend, a businessman, a conservative who competed in Republican primaries in Oregon, and was chair of the Oregon Republican party from 1978-1979. The collection contains subject files on a variety of topics including conservative politics, Foursquare church and ministry, alternative medicine, Christian schools, and materials include financial records, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, and other printed matter, audio, and video tapes.
Douglas Mullarky was a precinct captain of the Oregon Republican party, and he worked on (and/or ran) Republican political campaigns in Oregon, including those of Governor's Earl Snell and Douglas McKay. The collection (1935-1950) contains correspondence with politicians, draft speeches, campaign publicity and ephemera, and a few pieces of personal correspondence.
Newsletters from Oregon for Eisenhower Committee, April 11-29, 1952. Executive Secretary of the committee, Mark Hatfield. Two of the newsletters mention an upcoming visit to Oregon by Senator Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr., national Eisenhower campaign manager.
Harrison Spangler (1879-1965) was a Spanish-American war veteran who later served as a committee member and National Chairman of the Republican Party during the 1930-1940's, and after WWII became involved with Oregon politics. The collection consists of five major series: Wayne Morse, Robert Taft, Richard Neuberger, the Republican Party, and Harrison Spangler personal records.
Peter John Stadelman (1871-1954) established the Stadelman Fruit and Ice Companies, became was mayor of The Dalles, served as the Secretary of State of Oregon, and in 1936 he was elected state senator (Republican) from Wasco and Hood River counties (1936-1947). The collection contains correspondence, 1936-1947.
Virgil Bain Staples worked as a ranch hand in eastern Oregon, became a businessman in Ontario, Oregon, and served in the Oregon Legislature as representative from the 31st District, Malheur County, 1933-1945. The collection contains legislative correspondence regarding requests and advice from constituents and lobbyists, 1933-1937.
Speech given by Watkins to the Willamette Society in Portland, Or., June 18, 1936. Speech urges Oregon Republicans to vote for Roosevelt's New Deal in the upcoming national elections.
- Names: Republican Party (Or.) X
- Correspondence 10
- Oregon 8
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 7
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Correspondence 3
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Political campaigns -- Oregon 3
- Politicians -- Oregon -- Correspondence 3
- Conservatives -- Oregon 2
- Oregon -- Politics and government 2
- Politicians -- Oregon 2
- Politics and Politicians 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- 45 rpm records 1
- Alternative medicine 1
- Audiovisual materials 1
- Authors, American -- Oregon 1
- Bankers -- Oregon 1
- Banks and banking -- Oregon 1
- Bills, Legislative -- Oregon 1
- Businessmen -- Oregon 1 ∧ less
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly. Senate 4
- Morse, Wayne L. (Wayne Lyman), 1900-1974 2
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- Cordon, Guy F., 1890-1969 1
- Cornett, Marshall E., 1898-1947 1
- Dolph, Joseph N. (Joseph Norton), 1835-1897 1
- Dunn, George Washington, 1864-1961 1
- Durno, Edwin R. (Edwin Russell), 1899-1976 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Gard family 1
- Gard, Jesse J. (Jesse Jewell), 1902-1967 1
- Hatfield, Mark O., 1922-2011 1
- Huss, Walter, 1918-2006 1
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel 1
- Judicial Council of Oregon 1
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, Jr., 1902-1985 1
- McKay, Douglas, 1893-1959 1
- Mullarky, Douglas, 1897-1957 1 ∧ less