Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Marshall Eugene Cornett (1898-1947) was a business owner and politician of Oregon who served in the state senate from 1941-1947 and was killed in a plane crash while still in office. The collection (1935-1949) contains correspondence files and speeches.
Joseph N. Dolph (1835-1897) served in the Oregon State Senate and was also elected to the U.S. Senate as a Republican, serving from 1883 to 1895. The collection contains a letter dated May 1, 1884 from Dolph to J. D. Lee of Dallas, Oregon concerning Oregon politics.
George Washington Dunn (1864-1961) served as a Republican in the Oregon legislator, first in the House and then from 1923-1942, in the Senate. The collection contains correspondence from constituents and other interested parties. concerns requests from and advice of constituents, and political negotiations.
Henry Clay Huston served two terms as state senator for Lane County, beginning in 1866. He was a Democrat. The Henry Clay Huston Papers consist of incoming correspondence, miscellaneous papers, school catalogs, and news clippings for Huston’s reference or quotation.
Arthur P. Ireland served in the Oregon house and senate as a republican (1933-1969, non-consecutive), and was also president of the Oregon Dairymen's Association. The collection consists of 10 scrapbooks compiled by Ireland documenting his career and service in the dairy industry and the Oregon house and senate.
W. Al Jones ( -1918?) was a native Oregonian of Marion County, was a Catholic, a stock farm owner, and served in the Oregon state house as a senator representing Marion and Wallowa counties. The collection (1918) contains incoming correspondence regarding his political campaign, including letters regarding anti-catholic bias.
Harry M. Kenin (? - 1954) served two terms the Oregon State Senate, in 1939 and 1941, representing Clackamas, Multnomah, and Columbia counties. The collection (1939-1942) contains Kenin's recollections regarding his service in the state senate.
Clyde L. Kiddle (1891-1969) was a native of Iowa who came to Oregon in 1896, served in the Oregon state Senate for one year in 1937, and then resigned in 1938 for a federal position with Oregon agriculture. The collection (1937-1938) contains letters from constituents, personal correspondence, scrapbook pages, bills introduced by Kiddle, Senate committee information, subject files, and biographical material.
Boyd R. Overhulse (1909-1966) became district attorney of Jefferson County, Oregon, served in the state House, 1951-1955, and also served as a Democrat in the state Senate, 1961-1965. The collection contains minutes and accompanying documents of Oregon State Senate committees on which Overhulse served, correspondence, and exhibit material.
Nancy Ryles was a Republican politician who served on both the Oregon House of Representatives (1979-1982) and the Oregon Senate (1983-1987). The Nancy Ryles papers include material relating to Ryles time as an Oregon legislator, including materials relating to Death with Dignity, education and schools, and her campaigns.
Peter John Stadelman (1871-1954) established the Stadelman Fruit and Ice Companies, became was mayor of The Dalles, served as the Secretary of State of Oregon, and in 1936 he was elected state senator (Republican) from Wasco and Hood River counties (1936-1947). The collection contains correspondence, 1936-1947.
- Names: Oregon. Legislative Assembly. Senate X
- Correspondence 11
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 7
- Legislators -- Oregon 5
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Correspondence 3
- Photographs 3
- Politicians -- Oregon -- Correspondence 3
- Politics and Politicians 3
- Oregon -- Politics and government 2
- Political campaigns -- Oregon 2
- Politicians -- Oregon 2
- Agriculture -- Oregon -- History -- 20th century 1
- Anti-Catholicism -- Oregon -- History -- 20th century 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Bills (legislative records) 1
- Businessmen -- Oregon -- Klamath Falls 1
- Camp Adair (Or.) 1
- Campaign literature 1
- Clippings 1
- Customs administration -- Oregon -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Republican Party (Or.) 4
- American Legion 1
- Cornett, Marshall E., 1898-1947 1
- Dolph, Joseph N. (Joseph Norton), 1835-1897 1
- Dunn, George Washington, 1864-1961 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Huston, Henry Clay, 1828-1899 1
- Ireland, Arthur P. 1
- Jones, W. Al 1
- Kenin, Harry M., -1954 1
- Kiddle, Clyde L., 1891-1969 1
- McKay, Douglas, 1893-1959 1
- Morse, Wayne L. (Wayne Lyman), 1900-1974 1
- Oregon Dairymen's Association 1
- Oregon Mounted Posse 1
- Oregon State Motor Association 1
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Overhulse, Boyd R., 1909-1966 1
- Ryles, Nancy, 1937-1990 1 ∧ less