Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 95
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
The Faculty Advisory Council at the University of Oregon is a university standing committee responsible for providing the President and other administration officials with faculty opinion and counsel on a wide range of university affairs. The collection (1913-1988) contains a history of the council, minutes, memoranda, reports, and curriculum files.
The Failing and Beekman student oratory contest at the University of Oregon began with an endowment established in 1883 by Henry Failing and C.C. Beekman that awarded two yearly prizes. The collection contains collected hand-written and typed orations by students, some with notations.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
The Half Century Club was made up of University of Oregon alumni that had graduated in the 19th century. Collection consists of one record book of minutes taken during 1950-1957.
This collection is comprised of a scrapbook and three photographs documenting Helen Huntington's University of Oregon experience from 1918 to 1920.
The collection contains multiple bound copies of a publication titled, Investment in the Future of Oregon, 1930; one copy is wrapped as a present to Burt Brown Baker. The publication explains why donors have invested (up to 1930) and should invest in the University of Oregon, who some of the donors were, the opportunities for investment, and changes that investments have brought about.
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
The KOAC radio station is owned by the state of Oregon, located in Corvallis, managed by the State Board of Higher Education, with studios in Corvallis, Eugene, Monmouth, Portland, and Salem. The collection contains programs and transcripts of radio addresses concerning ancient history in Oregon and the Museum of Natural History (1938-1939), and also radio scripts from 1936 and 1946.
Hector MacPherson (1875-1970) was a professor at Oregon Agricultural College (now Oregon State University), a member of the Oregon state legislature, and was co-sponser of the Zorn-MacPherson School Moving Bill of 1932. The collection (1918; 1925) contains correspondence and documents related to Kansas Agricultural College and William Jasper Kerr, and also papers related to curricular matters between Oregon Agricultural College and the University of Oregon.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. Mujeres is a program within MEChA that began in 1995 and is focused on Chicanas and other women of color. The collection contains an informational pamphlet.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. The collection contains publications and pamphlets related to 2009 conferences.
Ken Metzler was a Professor of Journalism at the University of Oregon and published a book about UO acting President Charles E. Johnson, titled Confrontation: The Destruction of a College President in 1973. The collection contains Metzler’s working and research files for that book including correspondence by and about Charles E. Johnson, clippings, publications, notes, and manuscripts.
The University of Oregon Mortar Board Society was founded in 1923. The collection includes office files, minutes, and society history files.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
Gertrude Bass Warner (Mrs. Murray Warner) created the Murray Warner Essay Contest that accepted essays regarding relationships between the West and the East, and awarded a trip to Asia as the prize. The collection (1923-1936) contains essays submitted to the Murray Warner Essay contest and information about the contest.
In 1936 the State Board of Higher Education combined the Oregon State Museum of Anthropology, the Condon Museum of Geology, the University Herbarium, and the Museum of Zoology into the University of Oregon Museum of Natural History. The collection contains correspondence, reports, meeting notes and minutes, Herbarium historical documents, glass negatives, photographs, a Museum of Anthropology accessions/inventory journal, and a negative of Fort Rock sandals.
Arnold Bennett Hall (1881-1936) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1926-1932. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Mathematician Charles Hiram Chapman served as President of the University of Oregon, 1893-1899, and taught mathematical physics at the university. Collection contains incoming inquires and correspondence of Charles Chapman during his presidency at the University of Oregon, 1893-1896.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.
Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.
William C. Jones served as Interim President of University of Oregon from 1960-1961 after President Wilson resigned. Arthur Flemming (1905-1996) became the 10th president of the University of Oregon and professor of political science on February 24, 1961. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene X
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 92
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 82
- Colleges and Universities 61
- Correspondence 58
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 20
- Reports 20
- Photographs 19
- Administrative records 16
- Office files 16
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 14
- Student Life 14
- Financial records 13
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 12
- Clippings 10
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 10
- Memorandums 9
- Scrapbooks 8
- Annual reports 5
- Manuscripts for publication 5
- Student movements -- Oregon -- Eugene 5 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 69
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 11
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 4
- Hall, Arnold Bennett, 1881-1936 3
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 3
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 3
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Failing and Beekman Oratory Contest 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Johnson, Charles E., 1920-1969 2
- Kerr, William Jasper, 1863-1947 2
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (University of Oregon) 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Oregon State Board of Higher Education 2
- Oregon State College 2
- Tugman, William M. (William Masten), 1893-1961 2
- University of Oregon. Associated Students 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. Museum of Art 2
- University of Oregon. Museum of Natural History 2 + ∧ less