Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19

Alpha Delta Sigma. W.F.G. Thacher Chapter records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 099
Abstract

Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.

Dates: 1942-1957

Alumni Association records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 145
Abstract

Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.

Dates: 1880-2009

Asklepiads Pre-Med Society records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 207
Abstract

The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.

Dates: 1929-1983

Laura J. Bock papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 018
Abstract

Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).

Dates: 1962-1969

Robert D. Clark papers

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 285
Abstract

Robert Donald Clark (1910- ) was a professor of speech, author, public speaker, and university president. The Robert D. Clark Papers are comprised of correspondence, schoolwork, speeches, writings, research notes, publications, administrative reports and memoranda, and reference files.

Dates: 1928-1990

Department of Geography records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 053
Abstract

The departments of Geography and Geology were closely intertwined until the 1970's at the university of Oregon even though the Department of Geography was officially created during the 1932/33 school year. The collection contains departmental administrative files.

Dates: 1956-1980

Department of Military Science and ROTC (Reserve Officers' Training Corps) program records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 064
Abstract

The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.

Dates: 1916-1972

Earl Kilpatrick papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 189
Abstract

Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.

Dates: 1914-1926

Helen Huntington scrapbook

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 223
Abstract

This collection is comprised of a scrapbook and three photographs documenting Helen Huntington's University of Oregon experience from 1918 to 1920.

Dates: 1918-1920

Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 120
Abstract

The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.

Dates: 1915-2007

Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 039
Abstract The University of Oregon began offering a business curriculum in 1884. Originally called the School of Commerce, it was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1920. In 1993, the department was renamed the Lundquist College of Business (LCB) in honor of alumnus and generous donor Charles H. Lundquist. The collection includes records from the Dean’s Office (1920-1952; 1958-1988) as well as records of the school’s work with local businesses, universities, and...
Dates: 1920-2007

Orchesis records

 Collection — Box: 1 (2002s.247.A)
Identifier: UA 176
Abstract

Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.

Dates: 1961-1966

Oregon Folk League records

 Collection — Multiple collection box: [B 096] 1
Identifier: B 096
Abstract

The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.

Dates: 1934-1941

Horace Robinson papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 025
Abstract

Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.

Dates: 1926-2004; Majority of material found within 1930-1979

School of Journalism and Communication records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 013
Abstract

The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.

Dates: 1915-2010

Students' Cooperative Association records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 174
Abstract

The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.

Dates: 1930-1981

Albert and Carrie Sweetser papers

 Collection
Identifier: Ax 075
Abstract Albert Raddin Sweetser (1861-1940) was professor of botany at the University of Oregon, 1902-1931, and he established the UO Herbarium. His wife, Carrie K. Sweetser (1863-1952) was a watercolorist, a life-long diarist, and her botanist husband's devoted travel companion. The collection contains Albert Sweetser correspondence and notes, photographs and negatives of botanical subjects and travel in Japan and S. Korea in the early 1900s, and Albert and Carrie Sweetser travel and teaching...
Dates: 1887-1952

University Theatre records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 148
Abstract

Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.

Dates: 1900-2009

Villard Hall Centennial records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 083
Abstract

Villard Hall was the second building opened on the University of Oregon campus in 1886. The records document the history of the building as well as planning around the centennial celebration.

Dates: 1881-1987; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1987