Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Established in 1942, the Asian Studies Program at the University of Oregon is one of the oldest interdisciplinary programs in the United States to focus on Asia. The collection contains files on the Pacific Rim Studies center, program evaluation, outreach to public schools, funding and grant proposals, essay contests, correspondence, and committee and department meeting minutes, 1966-1982.
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
In 1936 the State Board of Higher Education combined the Oregon State Museum of Anthropology, the Condon Museum of Geology, the University Herbarium, and the Museum of Zoology into the University of Oregon Museum of Natural History. The collection contains correspondence, reports, meeting notes and minutes, Herbarium historical documents, glass negatives, photographs, a Museum of Anthropology accessions/inventory journal, and a negative of Fort Rock sandals.
Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.
Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.
William C. Jones served as Interim President of University of Oregon from 1960-1961 after President Wilson resigned. Arthur Flemming (1905-1996) became the 10th president of the University of Oregon and professor of political science on February 24, 1961. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
Students Wildly Indignant about Nearly Everything (S.W.I.N.E.) was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains office files, budget files, news clippings, newsletters, and membership lists.
University Friars is a University of Oregon campus organization that promotes campus leadership and volunteerism. The collection consists of Friars publications, directories, and rosters.
In 1876, the Oregon legislature vested a Board of Regents with governance of the University of Oregon, a role that lasted until 1929. Collection contains office files, correspondence, minutes, biennial and annual reports, Deady Hall repair files, department, dorm, and building naming and dedication files, professor profiles, dorm information, and a record book.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
Villard Hall was the second building opened on the University of Oregon campus in 1886. The records document the history of the building as well as planning around the centennial celebration.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 14
- Correspondence 13
- Colleges and Universities 8
- Financial records 7
- Administrative records 6
- Reports 6
- Annual reports 4
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 4
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 3
- Photographs 3
- Anthropology 2
- Clippings 2
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- Membership lists 2
- Newsletters 2
- Anthropological museums and collections -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Anthropology -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Artifacts 1 ∧ less
- University of Oregon 11
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 3
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 1
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 1
- Jones, William C., 1900-1980 1
- Lindholm, Richard W. (Richard Wadsworth), 1913-1994 1
- Miller, Harry B. 1
- Morris, Victor Pierpont, 1891- 1
- Phi Chi Theta. Oregon Beta (University of Oregon) 1
- Reinmuth, James E., 1940- 1
- Robbins, E. C. (Edwin Clyde), 1883-1947 1
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 1
- Society of the Sigma Xi. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- University Friars (University of Oregon) 1
- University of Oregon. Asian Studies Committee 1
- University of Oregon. Asian Studies Program 1
- University of Oregon. Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration 1
- University of Oregon. College of Business Administration 1 ∧ less