Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17

Beta Phi Mu. University of Oregon Chapter records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 134
Abstract

Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.

Dates: 1973

Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration records

 Collection — Box: 1 (1996.309.A)
Identifier: UA 165
Abstract

The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.

Dates: 1966-1970

Department of Geography records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 053
Abstract

The departments of Geography and Geology were closely intertwined until the 1970's at the university of Oregon even though the Department of Geography was officially created during the 1932/33 school year. The collection contains departmental administrative files.

Dates: 1956-1980

Department of Physics records

 Collection — Box: 1 (1996.99.A)
Identifier: UA 171
Abstract

The Department of Physics at the University of Oregon grew out of the Natural Philosophy curriculum that was offered at the university beginning the year it was founded, 1876. The collection contains grant reports and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission records.

Dates: 1966-1970

Department of Speech records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 191
Abstract

The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.

Dates: 1948-1999

Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 039
Abstract The University of Oregon began offering a business curriculum in 1884. Originally called the School of Commerce, it was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1920. In 1993, the department was renamed the Lundquist College of Business (LCB) in honor of alumnus and generous donor Charles H. Lundquist. The collection includes records from the Dean’s Office (1920-1952; 1958-1988) as well as records of the school’s work with local businesses, universities, and...
Dates: 1920-2007

Office of the President: Clarence Valentine Boyer records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 001-006
Abstract

Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.

Dates: 1932-1970

Office of the President: Donald Milton Erb records

 Collection — Box: 1 (10044.A)
Identifier: UA 001-007
Abstract

Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.

Dates: 1933-1942

Office of the President: Harry K. Newburn and Orlando John Hollis (interim) records

 Collection — Box: 1 (10199.A)
Identifier: UA 001-008
Abstract

Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.

Dates: 1945-1953

Office of the President: Prince Lucien Campbell records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 001-004
Abstract

Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.

Dates: 1902-1927

Office of the President: Robert D. Clark records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 001-012
Abstract

Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.

Dates: 1969-1976

Office of the President: William C. Jones (acting) and Arthur S. Flemming records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 001-010
Abstract

William C. Jones served as Interim President of University of Oregon from 1960-1961 after President Wilson resigned. Arthur Flemming (1905-1996) became the 10th president of the University of Oregon and professor of political science on February 24, 1961. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.

Dates: 1960-1971

Oregon Folk League records

 Collection — Multiple collection box: [B 096] 1
Identifier: B 096
Abstract

The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.

Dates: 1934-1941

Orides Club records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 152
Abstract

The Orides Club (circa 1935-1975) was an organization for independent women at the University of Oregon and the Club also included many female community members from Eugene, Oregon. Collection contains office records, meeting minutes, directories, and bylaws.

Dates: 1942-1968

Hope Hughes Pressman papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 019
Abstract Hope Hughes Pressman worked for the University of Oregon in the President's Office, for the University of Oregon Foundation, and for the University of Oregon Museum in addition to serving on several committees and councils at the city and state level. This collection contains materials relating to Pressman's involvement with those other committees and councils, including Aid for Families with Dependent Children (ADC), the Arts in Oregon Association, the Committee for Supplementary Cultural...
Dates: 1963-1977

Publication Committee records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 186
Abstract

According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.

Dates: 1954-1958

University of Oregon Board of Regents records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 123
Abstract

In 1876, the Oregon legislature vested a Board of Regents with governance of the University of Oregon, a role that lasted until 1929. Collection contains office files, correspondence, minutes, biennial and annual reports, Deady Hall repair files, department, dorm, and building naming and dedication files, professor profiles, dorm information, and a record book.

Dates: 1874-1926

Filtered By

  • Subject: Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene X
  • Subject: Administrative records X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Administrative records 15
Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 15
Correspondence 14
Colleges and Universities 13
Reports 11