Showing Collections: 61 - 82 of 82
Dean Gilbert Social Science) proposed at a meeting of the University of Oregon faculty and University President on February 6, 1935, that a registration committee be appointed; the motion was passed. The collection contains committee correspondence, minutes, and memoranda, 1948.
The purpose of the UO Research Committee, and its successor, the General Research Council of the Oregon State System of Higher Education, was to stimulate research at the university. The collection contains one record book of minutes, correspondence, grant information, and project descriptions.
Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.
The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.
Sharon Sherman was a professor of English and Folklore at the University of Oregon. From 1976 to 2008 she taught courses and produced films and videos about folklore subjects. Her work—books, articles, reviews, and committee work in addition to her films—gave folkloric film a new prominence and led to its recognition as a valid form of academic research. The collection contains teaching and research files as well as film, video and audio recordings and correspondence.
The Social Science Club held programs devoted to exploring topics relating to the social sciences. Records include office files, minutes, meeting notices and programs, correspondence, membership data, financial records, and speeches from 1930-1953.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
Students at the University of Oregon have written and performed numerous orations for ceremonies, contests, and class work. The collection contains hand-written and typed student orations, some with notations.
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.
Students Wildly Indignant about Nearly Everything (S.W.I.N.E.) was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains office files, budget files, news clippings, newsletters, and membership lists.
The Student Insurgent is a democratically organized journalistic endeavor based at the University of Oregon in Eugene which provides a voice for under-represented students by maintaining a safe space in print and online for radical dissent, free expression and mutual encouragement. The collection includes correspondence, meeting minutes, bylaws, and subject files, Students for a Progressive agenda files, and submissions to the New Liberation News Services publication, 1991-1995.
The University Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) (previously named Academic Learning Services Center) provides numerous services including programs, workshops, courses, tutors, and mentors to assist students with their educational pursuits at the University of Oregon. The collection contains correspondence and meeting minutes, 1971-1975.
The University Film Society was dedicated to bringing otherwise unavailable films to the UO community. Records include minutes, reports, and publicity.
University Friars is a University of Oregon campus organization that promotes campus leadership and volunteerism. The collection consists of Friars publications, directories, and rosters.
The collection contains over 4800 photographic negatives of University of Oregon faculty, students, buildings, organizations, and events, circa 1929 to 1973.
In 1876, by an Act of the Oregon Legislature, the University of Oregon Board of Regents was vested with governance of the University of Oregon; a role that lasted until 1929. The collection includes meetings minutes, correspondence and memos of the Regents from 1879-1929.
Commencement ceremonies have been held at the University of Oregon since 1888. The collection contains student commencement orations.
In 1876, the Oregon legislature vested a Board of Regents with governance of the University of Oregon, a role that lasted until 1929. Collection contains office files, correspondence, minutes, biennial and annual reports, Deady Hall repair files, department, dorm, and building naming and dedication files, professor profiles, dorm information, and a record book.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.