Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 82
The Half Century Club was made up of University of Oregon alumni that had graduated in the 19th century. Collection consists of one record book of minutes taken during 1950-1957.
The collection contains multiple bound copies of a publication titled, Investment in the Future of Oregon, 1930; one copy is wrapped as a present to Burt Brown Baker. The publication explains why donors have invested (up to 1930) and should invest in the University of Oregon, who some of the donors were, the opportunities for investment, and changes that investments have brought about.
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
The KOAC radio station is owned by the state of Oregon, located in Corvallis, managed by the State Board of Higher Education, with studios in Corvallis, Eugene, Monmouth, Portland, and Salem. The collection contains programs and transcripts of radio addresses concerning ancient history in Oregon and the Museum of Natural History (1938-1939), and also radio scripts from 1936 and 1946.
Hector MacPherson (1875-1970) was a professor at Oregon Agricultural College (now Oregon State University), a member of the Oregon state legislature, and was co-sponser of the Zorn-MacPherson School Moving Bill of 1932. The collection (1918; 1925) contains correspondence and documents related to Kansas Agricultural College and William Jasper Kerr, and also papers related to curricular matters between Oregon Agricultural College and the University of Oregon.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. Mujeres is a program within MEChA that began in 1995 and is focused on Chicanas and other women of color. The collection contains an informational pamphlet.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. The collection contains publications and pamphlets related to 2009 conferences.
The University of Oregon Mortar Board Society was founded in 1923. The collection includes office files, minutes, and society history files.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
Gertrude Bass Warner (Mrs. Murray Warner) created the Murray Warner Essay Contest that accepted essays regarding relationships between the West and the East, and awarded a trip to Asia as the prize. The collection (1923-1936) contains essays submitted to the Murray Warner Essay contest and information about the contest.
In 1936 the State Board of Higher Education combined the Oregon State Museum of Anthropology, the Condon Museum of Geology, the University Herbarium, and the Museum of Zoology into the University of Oregon Museum of Natural History. The collection contains correspondence, reports, meeting notes and minutes, Herbarium historical documents, glass negatives, photographs, a Museum of Anthropology accessions/inventory journal, and a negative of Fort Rock sandals.
Arnold Bennett Hall (1881-1936) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1926-1932. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Mathematician Charles Hiram Chapman served as President of the University of Oregon, 1893-1899, and taught mathematical physics at the university. Collection contains incoming inquires and correspondence of Charles Chapman during his presidency at the University of Oregon, 1893-1896.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.
Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.
William C. Jones served as Interim President of University of Oregon from 1960-1961 after President Wilson resigned. Arthur Flemming (1905-1996) became the 10th president of the University of Oregon and professor of political science on February 24, 1961. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
The Orides Club (circa 1935-1975) was an organization for independent women at the University of Oregon and the Club also included many female community members from Eugene, Oregon. Collection contains office records, meeting minutes, directories, and bylaws.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
Pi Beta Women's Fraternity was founded in 1912 at Northwestern University of Evanston, Illinois, as a professional fraternity for women who are outstanding in music and speech arts. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the fraternity.
Pi Mu Epsilon dedicates itself to the promotion of mathematics and recognition of students who successfully pursue mathematical understanding. The University of Oregon Chapter, Oregon Alpha, was established in 1931 but is now inactive. Collection includes correspondence, initiation material, and artifacts from this fraternity, 1925-1930's.
The Pine Mountain observatory operates under the University of Oregon's Department of Physics and under a special use permit from the Deschutes National Forest. The collection consists of construction and dedication records, committee and staff minutes, correspondence and reports, office files, guest registries, and a 2-volume history from 1963-1997.
The Propeller Club of the United States supports National and International Marine industry and waterways. The collection includes meeting minutes, correspondence, and historical information, 1937-1950.
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.
The bid to consolidate higher education in Oregon began with the the Zorn-MacPherson School Moving Bill of 1932. The collection (1932-1934) contains research files, and a scrapbook of the Register Guard Eugene newspaper regarding arguments and statistics surrounding the consolidation attempt.