Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 81
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
Eric W. Allen (1879-1944 ) was the first Dean of the School of Journalism, University of Oregon, and held that post from 1916 to his death in 1944. The collection (1917-1934) contains personal and professional correspondence, and a few manuscripts.
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
The social fraternity Alpha Tau Omega was founded in 1865 at the Virginia Military Institute, and the Oregon Gamma Phi chapter was founded in 1910 and was closed in 2000. The collection contains historical information, pledge song information, and issues of the chapter publication, The Bumper, 1954-1966.
Established in 1942, the Asian Studies Program at the University of Oregon is one of the oldest interdisciplinary programs in the United States to focus on Asia. The collection contains files on the Pacific Rim Studies center, program evaluation, outreach to public schools, funding and grant proposals, essay contests, correspondence, and committee and department meeting minutes, 1966-1982.
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
Wallace Baldinger was a professor of Art at University of Oregon, and later became Director of the Museum of Art (now the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art). The collection contains a manuscript written in 1983, by Baldinger, titled, "The University Museum of Art During My University Tenure, 1944-1970."
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
William Cadbury has served at the University of Oregon since 1961 and continues to act as a professor of Emeritus in the English department today (2015). His study focuses on film theory and criticism. The Collection of William Cadbury’s Faculty Papers consists of a loose-leaf copy of his book titled Getting the Point: Film as Literature.
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
University of Oregon Charter Day cerebrations commemorate the University's founding on October 18, 1876. The collection contains printed event programs for Charter Day celebrations for the years 1951; 1954; 1956; 1957; and 1959.
The Community Action program originated in the Department of Human Services and participants undertook action in local communities. The collection contains two copies of a VHS video of the project.
The Department of Comparative Literature offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. It is also the home of the journal Comparative Literature. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this program and the literary journal Comparative Literature.
Thomas Condon (1822-1907) was an Irish Congregational minister, a geologist and paleontologist who was appointed University of Oregon's first professor of geology in 1876 and continued as professor and chair of Natural Sciences until 1907. The collection (1897-1906) contains lecture notes, writings by Condon on a new fossil Pinniped, and books on skeletons and Pinnipeds owned by Condon.
The Creative Writing Program at the University of Oregon offers a minor concentration, the Kidd Tutorial program (a yearlong course for undergraduates), and a masters degree. The collection contains the records of short story winner of W. Kidd, 1974.
Delta Nu Alpha is an international organization dedicated to transportation and logistics. The collection contains University of Oregon chapter records that document the functions, activities, and people of the organization. Records include correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, membership files, national materials, subject files on transportation topics, and photographs, 1947-1958.
The University of Oregon offered a major and minor in American Studies from 1984 until 1991. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
The departments of Geography and Geology were closely intertwined until the 1970's at the university of Oregon even though the Department of Geography was officially created during the 1932/33 school year. The collection contains departmental administrative files.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
The Department of Physics at the University of Oregon grew out of the Natural Philosophy curriculum that was offered at the university beginning the year it was founded, 1876. The collection contains grant reports and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission records.
The Department of Political Science at the University of Oregon offers majors, minors, and graduate degrees. The collection (1933-2008) consists of committee, advisory council, and task force files, department minutes and correspondence, curriculum changes files, University of Oregon's School of Desegregation Training and Research Institute files, and mock Republican Convention files.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
The Faculty Advisory Council at the University of Oregon is a university standing committee responsible for providing the President and other administration officials with faculty opinion and counsel on a wide range of university affairs. The collection (1913-1988) contains a history of the council, minutes, memoranda, reports, and curriculum files.
The Failing and Beekman student oratory contest at the University of Oregon began with an endowment established in 1883 by Henry Failing and C.C. Beekman that awarded two yearly prizes. The collection contains collected hand-written and typed orations by students, some with notations.
The Half Century Club was made up of University of Oregon alumni that had graduated in the 19th century. Collection consists of one record book of minutes taken during 1950-1957.
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 80
- Colleges and Universities 50
- Correspondence 49
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 18
- Reports 17
- Office files 14
- Photographs 14
- Administrative records 13
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 13
- Student Life 13
- Financial records 12
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 10
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 9
- Memorandums 9
- Clippings 8
- Scrapbooks 7
- Annual reports 5
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 5
- Clubs -- Oregon -- Eugene 4 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 58
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 9
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 3
- Hall, Arnold Bennett, 1881-1936 3
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 3
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 3
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Failing and Beekman Oratory Contest 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Kerr, William Jasper, 1863-1947 2
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (University of Oregon) 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Oregon State Board of Higher Education 2
- Oregon State College 2
- Tugman, William M. (William Masten), 1893-1961 2
- University of Oregon. Associated Students 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. Museum of Art 2
- University of Oregon. Museum of Natural History 2
- University of Oregon. School of Journalism 2 + ∧ less