Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 45

Alpha Tau Omega. Oregon Gamma Phi Chapter records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 146
Abstract

The social fraternity Alpha Tau Omega was founded in 1865 at the Virginia Military Institute, and the Oregon Gamma Phi chapter was founded in 1910 and was closed in 2000. The collection contains historical information, pledge song information, and issues of the chapter publication, The Bumper, 1954-1966.

Dates: 1954-1966

Alumni Association records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 145
Abstract

Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.

Dates: 1880-2009

Asklepiads Pre-Med Society records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 207
Abstract

The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.

Dates: 1929-1983

Wallace Baldinger papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 204
Abstract

Wallace Baldinger was a professor of Art at University of Oregon, and later became Director of the Museum of Art (now the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art). The collection contains a manuscript written in 1983, by Baldinger, titled, "The University Museum of Art During My University Tenure, 1944-1970."

Dates: 1983

Beta Phi Mu. University of Oregon Chapter records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 134
Abstract

Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.

Dates: 1973

Laura J. Bock papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 018
Abstract

Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).

Dates: 1962-1969

Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 165
Abstract

The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.

Dates: 1966-1970

Charter Day records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 016
Abstract

University of Oregon Charter Day cerebrations commemorate the University's founding on October 18, 1876. The collection contains printed event programs for Charter Day celebrations for the years 1951; 1954; 1956; 1957; and 1959.

Dates: 1951-1959

Robert D. Clark papers

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 285
Abstract

Robert Donald Clark (1910- ) was a professor of speech, author, public speaker, and university president. The Robert D. Clark Papers are comprised of correspondence, schoolwork, speeches, writings, research notes, publications, administrative reports and memoranda, and reference files.

Dates: 1928-1990

Thomas Condon papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 210
Abstract

Thomas Condon (1822-1907) was an Irish Congregational minister, a geologist and paleontologist who was appointed University of Oregon's first professor of geology in 1876 and continued as professor and chair of Natural Sciences until 1907. The collection (1897-1906) contains lecture notes, writings by Condon on a new fossil Pinniped, and books on skeletons and Pinnipeds owned by Condon.

Dates: 1897-1906

Creative Writing Program records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 163
Abstract

The Creative Writing Program at the University of Oregon offers a minor concentration, the Kidd Tutorial program (a yearlong course for undergraduates), and a masters degree. The collection contains the records of short story winner of W. Kidd, 1974.

Dates: 1974

Department of Speech records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 191
Abstract

The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.

Dates: 1948-1999

Earl Kilpatrick papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 189
Abstract

Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.

Dates: 1914-1926

Foreign Student Friendship Foundation records

 Collection — Box: 2
Identifier: UA 158
Abstract

The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.

Dates: 1958-1984

Half Century Club records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 091
Abstract

The Half Century Club was made up of University of Oregon alumni that had graduated in the 19th century. Collection consists of one record book of minutes taken during 1950-1957.

Dates: 1950-1957

Helen Huntington scrapbook

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 223
Abstract

This collection is comprised of a scrapbook and three photographs documenting Helen Huntington's University of Oregon experience from 1918 to 1920.

Dates: 1918-1920

Investment in the Future of Oregon publications

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 203
Abstract

The collection contains multiple bound copies of a publication titled, Investment in the Future of Oregon, 1930; one copy is wrapped as a present to Burt Brown Baker. The publication explains why donors have invested (up to 1930) and should invest in the University of Oregon, who some of the donors were, the opportunities for investment, and changes that investments have brought about.

Dates: 1930

Charles Ellicott Johnson papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 008
Abstract Charles Ellicott Johnson (1920-1969) worked as an accountant before serving at the University of Oregon as Head of the Department of Accounting and Business Statistics in 1959, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts in 1963, and finally as Acting President of the University in 1968. The collection includes biographical material, correspondence, speeches, reports, schedules, publications, and clippings relating to his professional career as an accountant and to his positions at the University of...
Dates: 1942-1968

Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 120
Abstract

The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.

Dates: 1915-2007

Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 039
Abstract The University of Oregon began offering a business curriculum in 1884. Originally called the School of Commerce, it was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1920. In 1993, the department was renamed the Lundquist College of Business (LCB) in honor of alumnus and generous donor Charles H. Lundquist. The collection includes records from the Dean’s Office (1920-1952; 1958-1988) as well as records of the school’s work with local businesses, universities, and...
Dates: 1920-2007

Hector MacPherson papers

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: Ax 156
Abstract

Hector MacPherson (1875-1970) was a professor at Oregon Agricultural College (now Oregon State University), a member of the Oregon state legislature, and was co-sponser of the Zorn-MacPherson School Moving Bill of 1932. The collection (1918; 1925) contains correspondence and documents related to Kansas Agricultural College and William Jasper Kerr, and also papers related to curricular matters between Oregon Agricultural College and the University of Oregon.

Dates: 1918; 1925

Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia. Psi Chapter records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 172
Abstract

Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.

Dates: 1946-1958

Murray Warner Essay Contest records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 153
Abstract

Gertrude Bass Warner (Mrs. Murray Warner) created the Murray Warner Essay Contest that accepted essays regarding relationships between the West and the East, and awarded a trip to Asia as the prize. The collection (1923-1936) contains essays submitted to the Murray Warner Essay contest and information about the contest.

Dates: 1923-1936

Office of the President: Arnold Bennett Hall records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 001-005
Abstract

Arnold Bennett Hall (1881-1936) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1926-1932. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.

Dates: 1926-1936

Office of the President: Charles Hiram Chapman records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 001-002
Abstract

Mathematician Charles Hiram Chapman served as President of the University of Oregon, 1893-1899, and taught mathematical physics at the university. Collection contains incoming inquires and correspondence of Charles Chapman during his presidency at the University of Oregon, 1893-1896.

Dates: 1893-1908

Office of the President: Clarence Valentine Boyer records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 001-006
Abstract

Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.

Dates: 1932-1970

Office of the President: Donald Milton Erb records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 001-007
Abstract

Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.

Dates: 1933-1942

Office of the President: Harry K. Newburn and Orlando John Hollis (interim) records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 001-008
Abstract

Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.

Dates: 1945-1953

Orchesis records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 176
Abstract

Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.

Dates: 1961-1966

Oregon Folk League records

 Collection — Multiple Collection Box: [B 096] 1
Identifier: B 096
Abstract

The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.

Dates: 1934-1941

Filtered By

  • Subject: Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene X
  • Subject: Colleges and Universities X
  • Names: University of Oregon X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 43
Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 36
Correspondence 25
Photographs 13
Reports 10