Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
Delta Nu Alpha is an international organization dedicated to transportation and logistics. The collection contains University of Oregon chapter records that document the functions, activities, and people of the organization. Records include correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, membership files, national materials, subject files on transportation topics, and photographs, 1947-1958.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
The University of Oregon Mortar Board Society was founded in 1923. The collection includes office files, minutes, and society history files.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
Pi Mu Epsilon dedicates itself to the promotion of mathematics and recognition of students who successfully pursue mathematical understanding. The University of Oregon Chapter, Oregon Alpha, was established in 1931 but is now inactive. Collection includes correspondence, initiation material, and artifacts from this fraternity, 1925-1930's.
The Propeller Club of the United States supports National and International Marine industry and waterways. The collection includes meeting minutes, correspondence, and historical information, 1937-1950.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
The University Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) (previously named Academic Learning Services Center) provides numerous services including programs, workshops, courses, tutors, and mentors to assist students with their educational pursuits at the University of Oregon. The collection contains correspondence and meeting minutes, 1971-1975.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
- Colleges and Universities 9
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 7
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- Student Life 4
- Financial records 3
- Office files 3
- Annual reports 2
- Artifacts 2
- Clippings 2
- Photographs 2
- Academic achievement -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Affidavits 1
- Audiotapes 1
- Business -- Societies, etc 1
- Bylaws (administrative records) 1
- Civil Rights 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 12
- University of Oregon. Associated Students 2
- Beta Phi Mu 1
- Beta Phi Mu. Beta Gamma Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Bock, Laura J. 1
- Delta Nu Alpha Transportation Fraternity. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Mortar Board (Society). University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Phi Chi Theta. Oregon Beta (University of Oregon) 1
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America. Psi Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Pi Mu Epsilon. Oregon Alpha Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Propeller Club of the United States. Port of Portland Chapter 1
- Propeller Club of the United States. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Robert D. Clark Honors College 1
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 1
- Society of the Sigma Xi. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- University of Oregon. Academic Learning Services 1
- University of Oregon. Committee on Academic Distinctions 1
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 1
- University of Oregon. Educational Activities Board 1 + ∧ less