Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Ruth Erickson (~1890 - 1970) and Eleanor Stevenson (~1898 - ?) were political radicals and Socialists who carried out a voluminous epistolary campaign against injustice. The collection contains correspondence by Erickson and Stevenson as well as subject files and personal material of Erickson's including manuscripts of poems, articles, plays, and novels.
Kenneth L. Holmes was a reverend, a McMinnville, Oregon newspaper editor, and a History professor at Linfield College. The collection (1952-1968) contains correspondence, including letters from Oregon politicians, and also a 33 1/2 rpm flexidisc recording of an interview with Wayne Morse regarding Vietnam.
Walter Huss (1918-2006) was a reverend, a businessman, a conservative who competed in Republican primaries in Oregon, and was chair of the Oregon Republican party from 1978-1979. The collection contains subject files on a variety of topics including conservative politics, Foursquare church and ministry, alternative medicine, Christian schools, and materials include financial records, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, and other printed matter, audio, and video tapes.
William Leslie Josslin (1905 - ) became a prominent figure in the legal and political activities in Oregon. The collection contains five scrapbooks covering political happenings in Oregon (1930s-1971) and include clippings, pamphlets, articles by Josslin, portraits of political leaders, personal and family photographs, and correspondence on topics of local and national political interest.
The collection contains the state, national, and local records for chapters of the League of Women Voters of Oregon. The records include individual files for many projects at the national, state, and local levels. The collection also includes publicity materials and newspaper clippings regarding the local activities of the league.
Stephen B. Miles (1916-) was an author, secondary teacher, newspaperman and public relations director. The collection includes discussions and solicitations of advertisements and correspondence.
Dwight Fay Rettie worked for and managed a variety of Federal government agencies from 1955 to 1986. The Papers contain documents pertaining to Rettie's work for various government agencies including the Department of Health and Human Services, National Park Service, and Bureau of Land Management. The materials include policy papers, subject files, meeting minutes, speeches, and correspondence. Also included are personal correspondence, writings, and publication materials.
Edward Samuel "Tige" Reynolds (1877-1931) worked as a newspaper cartoonist for several Northwest newspapers, including the the San Francisco Post and the Oregonian. The collection (1900-1931) contains correspondence, clippings, original drawings, published cartoons, collections, scrapbooks, and mementos.
Harrison Spangler (1879-1965) was a Spanish-American war veteran who later served as a committee member and National Chairman of the Republican Party during the 1930-1940's, and after WWII became involved with Oregon politics. The collection consists of five major series: Wayne Morse, Robert Taft, Richard Neuberger, the Republican Party, and Harrison Spangler personal records.
Peter Steele (1918 - ) was a political and industrial writer who supported conservative causes and wrote against socialism and left-wing politics. The collection contains correspondence, writings, speeches, Associated Industries of Missouri (A.I.M.) files, General Electric reports, Group Research Reports, Inc. files, Communications Research Reports, research lists, and cassette tape recordings by Steele.
- Subject: United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century X
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 14
- Correspondence 11
- Oregon 7
- Photographs 7
- Politics and Politicians 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Clippings 4
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1951- 4
- Legislators -- United States 3
- Manuscripts for publication 3
- Conservatism -- United States 2
- Conservatives -- Oregon 2
- Labor -- United States -- History -- 20th century 2
- Legislators -- Oregon 2
- Oregon -- Politics and government 2
- Pacific Northwest History 2
- Politicians -- Oregon 2
- Reports 2
- Administrative agencies -- United States 1
- Advertising 1 + ∧ less
- Morse, Wayne L. (Wayne Lyman), 1900-1974 3
- Rockefeller, Nelson A. (Nelson Aldrich), 1908-1979 3
- League of Women Voters (U.S.) 2
- Neuberger, Richard L. (Richard Lewis), 1912-1960 2
- Republican Party (Or.) 2
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- Advertising Council 1
- American Committee for Protection of Foreign Born 1
- American Labor Party 1
- American Newspaper Guild 1
- Associated Industries of Missouri 1
- Bourne, Jonathan, 1855-1940 1
- Communications Research Inc. 1
- Creel, George, 1876-1953 1
- Democratic National Convention 1
- Democratic Party (Or.) 1
- Erickson, Ruth, circa 1890-1970 1
- Federal Theatre Project (U.S.) 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Gore, Albert, 1907-1998 1 + ∧ less