Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Kate Stevens Bates was an author. The collection includes her correspondence, diaries, manuscripts, account books, and scrapbooks. The diaries span from 1880 to 1936. Her diary entries are not regular; often several weeks pass between entries. The correspondence spans from 1878 to 1934 and concerns family matters, business, and social news.
Benjamin Franklin Dowell, a native of Virginia, came west on the overland trail in 1850. He practiced law in Jacksonville, Oregon and in Washington, D.C. Dowell, with the assistance of his wife and others, owned the Oregon Sentinel newspaper in Jacksonville. The Benjamin Franklin Dowell Papers includes memorandum books, diaries, scrapbooks, and correspondence between Dowell and his wife from Jacksonville and Washington, D.C.
Henry M. Hanzen (1879-1967) was a newspaper reporter, attorney, and Oregon political manager. The collection (1917-1960) contains a manuscript chronicling the political history of Oregon from 1900-1960, titled "Power," campaign files of Oregon politicians, Oregon State Budget Director correspondence, Press Publishing Co., and Willamette Publishing Co. files, personal correspondence, legal files and scrapbooks.
Binger Hermann (1843-1926) was a Roseburg attorney and politician who represented Oregon in the U.S. House of Representatives for sixteen years, and served as commissioner of the General Land Office (GLO) under presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt. The collection (1888-1920) contains Hermann's personal and professional papers.
The collection contains the state, national, and local records for chapters of the League of Women Voters of Oregon. The records include individual files for many projects at the national, state, and local levels. The collection also includes publicity materials and newspaper clippings regarding the local activities of the league.
Wayne Lyman Morse (1900-1974) was a United States Senator from 1945-1969. He was a member of the Labor and Welfare Committee, Armed Services Committee, and Foreign Relations Committee and served as a delegate to the United Nations. The collection contains senatorial papers, 1944-1968, research material, arbitration decisions, speeches, financial material, mementos and personal and general correspondence.
Richard Lewis Neuberger (1912-1960), an Oregon native, was a U.S. Senator (D-OR) from 1954 to 1960. The Richard Neuberger collection consists of correspondence, legislation, published articles, and newspaper articles which pertain to the literary and political career of Richard Lewis Neuberger.
Sylvester Pennoyer (1831–1902) was an attorney, businessman, and politician in Oregon. Collection includes 1 scrapbook, 159 pages of letters, printed messages, speeches, and newspaper clippings relating to Sylvester Pennoyer and family.
John Whiteaker (1820-1902), a Democrat, was Oregon's first state governor from 1859-1862. The collection consists of personal papers and photostats of Whiteaker's journals and scrapbooks.
- Correspondence 7
- Oregon 5
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 5
- Photographs 5
- Diaries 4
- Legislators -- Oregon 4
- Politicians -- Oregon 4
- Legislators -- United States 3
- Civil service -- Oregon 2
- Governors -- Oregon 2
- Manuscripts for publication 2
- Moving Images 2
- Native Americans 2
- Oregon -- Politics and government 2
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Sound Recordings 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Bingham Springs (Or.) 1 ∧ less
- Morse, Wayne L. (Wayne Lyman), 1900-1974 3
- Neuberger, Richard L. (Richard Lewis), 1912-1960 2
- United States. Congress. Senate 2
- Ballot Reform League of Oregon 1
- Bates, James H. S. 1
- Bates, Kate Stevens, 1852-1941 1
- Bingham, Edward Wingard, -1904 1
- Bourne, Jonathan, 1855-1940 1
- Dowell, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin) 1
- Dye, Eva Emery, 1855-1947 1
- Hanzen, Henry M., 1879-1967 1
- Hatfield, Mark O., 1922-2011 1
- Hermann, Binger, 1843-1926 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- League of Women Voters (U.S.) 1
- McNary, Charles Linza, 1874-1944 1
- Meany, Edmond S. (Edmond Stephen), 1862-1935 1
- Meier, Julius L., 1874-1937 1
- Miller, Robert A. (Robert Aubrey), 1854-1941 1
- Neuberger, Maurine B. (Maurine Brown), 1907-2000 1 ∧ less