Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Henry Cummins (1840-1901) was a well-read and enthusiastic student of topics various and sundry with a partiality for pseudo-science. The collection (1858-1863) consists of Cummins' personal correspondence as well as a memory book and miscellaneous papers.
Nina L. Faubion (1884-1945) was a writer, artist, and amateur mycologist, and also worked as secretary to her father, Senator (and also Mayor) Harry Lane of Oregon. The collection (1887-1938) contains Faubion correspondence and an unpublished manuscript, as well as Harry Lane correspondence and a scrapbook.
Henry M. Hanzen (1879-1967) was a newspaper reporter, attorney, and Oregon political manager. The collection (1917-1960) contains a manuscript chronicling the political history of Oregon from 1900-1960, titled "Power," campaign files of Oregon politicians, Oregon State Budget Director correspondence, Press Publishing Co., and Willamette Publishing Co. files, personal correspondence, legal files and scrapbooks.
Binger Hermann (1843-1926) was a Roseburg attorney and politician who represented Oregon in the U.S. House of Representatives for sixteen years, and served as commissioner of the General Land Office (GLO) under presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt. The collection (1888-1920) contains Hermann's personal and professional papers.
Ben Wilson Olcott (1872-1952) became Oregon's Secretary of State, 1911-1919, and governor, 1919-1923 and as governor he opposed the anti-Catholic "School bill" of 1922. The collection consists of nine scrapbooks arranged by Olcott that contain official and personal material concerning his terms as a state official and include correspondence, press releases, speeches, newsclippings, and material relating to the Ku Klux Klan in Oregon.
Robert Starkey wrote articles, essays, and humourous sketches for the Weekly Coast Mail, a newspaper of Marshfield, Oregon (now known as Coos Bay, Oregon). The collection (1885-1889) consists of Starkey's scrapbook that contains clippings of his writings regarding people, culture, and ideas of the day.
Albert Streiff (1894-1968) was a member of the Socialist Party who ran for Oregon governor in 1930. Collection contains manuscripts of radio talks, correspondence, certificates of nomination to the Socialist Party, a scrapbook, Socialist Party Convention journals, Socialist Party National Committee motions, socialist pamphlets, Labor and Socialist Service Press, National Executive Committee memoranda and Executive Secretary letters.
Joseph Nathan Teal (1858-1929) was an Oregon rancher, lawyer, investor, and civic leader who was an advocate of waterways development and served as U.S. Shipping Commissioner from 1920-1921. The collection (1894-1917) contains fourteen volumes of scrapbooks regarding Oregon politics, Portland water, transportation in Oregon, taxes, the railroad, Celilo canal, and navigation of the Columbia River
Oswald West (1873-1960) was an attorney in Portland, Oregon, and served as governor of Oregon from 1911 until 1915. The collection (1910-1940) contains correspondence, campaign broadsides from 1910, a scrapbook of newspaper clippings by and about West, and photographs.
John Whiteaker (1820-1902), a Democrat, was Oregon's first state governor from 1859-1862. The collection consists of personal papers and photostats of Whiteaker's journals and scrapbooks.
- Correspondence 10
- Oregon 8
- Politicians -- Oregon 6
- Clippings 5
- Politics and Politicians 5
- Legislators -- Oregon 4
- Photographs 4
- Governors -- Oregon 3
- Political campaigns -- Oregon 3
- Broadsides 2
- Campaign literature 2
- Diaries 2
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- Portland 2
- Legislators -- United States 2
- Oregon -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 2
- American newspapers -- Oregon -- Coos Bay 1
- American wit and humor -- Oregon -- Coos Bay 1
- Anti-Catholicism -- Oregon -- History -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Applegate, Jesse A., 1811-1888 1
- Bourne, Jonathan, 1855-1940 1
- Coast Mail 1
- Cummins, Henry, 1840-1901 1
- Davenport, T. W. (Timothy Woodbridge) 1
- Faubion, Nina Lane, 1884-1945 1
- Hanzen, Henry M., 1879-1967 1
- Hermann, Binger, 1843-1926 1
- Honeyman, Nan Wood, 1881-1970 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) 1
- Lane, Harry, 1855-1917 1
- Lane, Joseph, 1801-1881 1
- Marsh, Sidney H. (Sidney Harper), 1825-1879 1
- McNary, Charles Linza, 1874-1944 1
- Meier, Julius L., 1874-1937 1
- Miller, Joaquin, 1837-1913 1
- Miller, Robert A. (Robert Aubrey), 1854-1941 1
- Morse, Wayne L. (Wayne Lyman), 1900-1974 1
- Olcott, Ben W. (Ben Wilson), 1872-1952 1
- Oregon State Insane Asylum 1 ∧ less