Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 37
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
The Eugene-Lane branch of the Association of American University Women (AAUW) is a Woman's association whose members have gained degrees in higher education. This collection contains such items as historical scrapbooks, Administrative and financial records, records of Branch events, and some small amount of state and national documents.
The Beekman family consists of Cornelius C. Beekman, the founder and owner of Beekman Bank in Jacksonville, Oregon; his son Benjamin Beekman, a Portland, Oregon lawyer and UO Law School faculty member; and his daughter Carrie Beekman, who donated substantially to the University of Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, diaries, miscellaneous manuscripts and publications, scrapbooks and photographs.
The Black Student Union at the University of Oregon was formed in 1966. The collection consists of photographs and scrapbooks from 1978 to 1981.
Dean Collins (1887-1969) was an Oregon journalist, writer and poet. The collection includes manuscripts, scrapbooks and memorabilia covering Collins' writing career as well as family correspondence and some financial records.
Ray Corey (1880-1962) was an engineer who specialized in water supply and sewage disposal plant design and construction, and worked as a state engineering inspector and consultant for Oregon and Washington P.W.A. projects. The collection (1907-1952) consists of scrapbook albums that contain photographs of construction details for major projects in which Corey was involved.
Originally from Maine, A. P. Dennison (1824-1896) held numerous minor political offices in the Oregon Territory, including Adjutant General. The papers consist of receipts, letters of appointment, reports, and a bound scrapbook.
Geology has been offered at the University of Oregon since its establishment in 1876, and Thomas Condon was the first and only professor of Geology until 1904. Collection contains correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs, slides, and films.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
The Fortnightly Club of Eugene was organized in December 1893 by Dr. Alice Hall Chapman as a study club dedicated to continuing education, and later evolved into advocating for library facilities and services in Eugene. The collection contains meeting minutes, scrapbooks and photographs, program books, financial records, and documents relating to club events, projects, and members' work.
Ethel Romig Fuller (1883-1965) was poetry editor of The Oregonian newspaper and in 1957 she was appointed Poet Laureate of Oregon by Governor Robert D. Holmes. The collection contains poetry manuscripts, correspondence, scrapbooks and photographs.
Mazie O. Giustina (1894-1997) was a graduate of the University of Oregon and lifelong member of numerous Oregon civic clubs and historical societies. The collection consists of diaries, correspondence, personal writings, financial documents, scrapbooks, ephemera, photographs, artifacts, audio tape reels and some published material.
Bernard Daly (1858-1920) was a Lake County, Oregon judge. He also served in the Oregon House of Representatives and State Senate. The collection consists of correspondence, legal documents, speeches, newspaper clippings, scrapbooks, and artifacts.
Binger Hermann (1843-1926) was a Roseburg attorney and politician who represented Oregon in the U.S. House of Representatives for sixteen years, and served as commissioner of the General Land Office (GLO) under presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt. The collection (1888-1920) contains Hermann's personal and professional papers.
This collection is comprised of a scrapbook and three photographs documenting Helen Huntington's University of Oregon experience from 1918 to 1920.
Arthur P. Ireland served in the Oregon house and senate as a republican (1933-1969, non-consecutive), and was also president of the Oregon Dairymen's Association. The collection consists of 10 scrapbooks compiled by Ireland documenting his career and service in the dairy industry and the Oregon house and senate.
William Leslie Josslin (1905 - ) became a prominent figure in the legal and political activities in Oregon. The collection contains five scrapbooks covering political happenings in Oregon (1930s-1971) and include clippings, pamphlets, articles by Josslin, portraits of political leaders, personal and family photographs, and correspondence on topics of local and national political interest.
Alfred L. Lomax (1892-1982) was a Professor of Business Administration (Pacific Northwest industrial history) at the University of Oregon. The collection consists of research correspondence, manuscripts, research materials, published articles and photographs.
Bertram Telfer McBain was a paper mill manager and consultant. The papers include proposals and studies for pulp mill sites, a manuscript history of the pulp and paper industry in the Pacific Northwest, photographs and a scrapbook of the Crown Pulp Mill, Oregon City (1914), and photographs of construction of the Oregon City-West Linn bridge (1922).
Evans Smith McComas came from Iowa to Oregon to work in the mines in the 1860s. He later owned and edited newspapers. The collection consists of scrapbooks and the McComas diary, 1862-1867, which describes his journey on the overland trip to Oregon.
Joaquin Miller (1837-1913) was the pen name of Cincinnatus Hiner Miller, a Northwest writer, newspaper publisher, and poet. The collection (1868-1960) contains correspondence and published works by Miller, and also material collected by Pherne Miller regarding her Uncle Joaquin, including photographs, as well as her personal papers.
Richard Lewis Neuberger (1912-1960), an Oregon native, was a U.S. Senator (D-OR) from 1954 to 1960. The Richard Neuberger collection consists of correspondence, legislation, published articles, and newspaper articles which pertain to the literary and political career of Richard Lewis Neuberger.
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
Sylvester Pennoyer (1831–1902) was an attorney, businessman, and politician in Oregon. Collection includes 1 scrapbook, 159 pages of letters, printed messages, speeches, and newspaper clippings relating to Sylvester Pennoyer and family.