Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Department of Speech records
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Educational Activities Board records
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
Foreign Student Friendship Foundation records
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records
Office of the President: Clarence Valentine Boyer records
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Office of the President: Prince Lucien Campbell records
Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.
Office of the President: Robert D. Clark records
Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.
Office of the President: William C. Jones (acting) and Arthur S. Flemming records
William C. Jones served as Interim President of University of Oregon from 1960-1961 after President Wilson resigned. Arthur Flemming (1905-1996) became the 10th president of the University of Oregon and professor of political science on February 24, 1961. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
University of Oregon Board of Regents records
In 1876, the Oregon legislature vested a Board of Regents with governance of the University of Oregon, a role that lasted until 1929. Collection contains office files, correspondence, minutes, biennial and annual reports, Deady Hall repair files, department, dorm, and building naming and dedication files, professor profiles, dorm information, and a record book.
University Theatre records
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 9
- Administrative records 7
- Reports 7
- Office files 6
- Annual reports 5
- Colleges and Universities 5
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 4
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- Memorandums 2
- Photographs 2
- Student activities -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- Broadcasting -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Business education -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Business schools -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Clippings 1
- College student government -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 9
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 4
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 2
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 1
- Failing and Beekman Oratory Contest 1
- Foreign Student Friendship Foundation (University of Oregon) 1
- Jones, William C., 1900-1980 1
- Lindholm, Richard W. (Richard Wadsworth), 1913-1994 1
- Miller, Harry B. 1
- Morris, Victor Pierpont, 1891- 1
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 1
- Reinmuth, James E., 1940- 1
- Robbins, E. C. (Edwin Clyde), 1883-1947 1 + ∧ less