Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration records
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
Department of Physics records
The Department of Physics at the University of Oregon grew out of the Natural Philosophy curriculum that was offered at the university beginning the year it was founded, 1876. The collection contains grant reports and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission records.
Department of Speech records
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records
Office of the President: Clarence Valentine Boyer records
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Office of the President: Donald Milton Erb records
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Office of the President: Harry K. Newburn and Orlando John Hollis (interim) records
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
Office of the President: Prince Lucien Campbell records
Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.
Office of the President: Robert D. Clark records
Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.
Office of the President: William C. Jones (acting) and Arthur S. Flemming records
William C. Jones served as Interim President of University of Oregon from 1960-1961 after President Wilson resigned. Arthur Flemming (1905-1996) became the 10th president of the University of Oregon and professor of political science on February 24, 1961. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Publication Committee records
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.
University of Oregon Board of Regents records
In 1876, the Oregon legislature vested a Board of Regents with governance of the University of Oregon, a role that lasted until 1929. Collection contains office files, correspondence, minutes, biennial and annual reports, Deady Hall repair files, department, dorm, and building naming and dedication files, professor profiles, dorm information, and a record book.
- Correspondence 11
- Reports 11
- Colleges and Universities 8
- Financial records 7
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Office files 6
- Annual reports 3
- Memorandums 3
- Broadcasting -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Business education -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Business schools -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College publications -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Communication -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Forensics (Public speaking) -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Industrial management -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Journals (accounts) 1
- Masters theses 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 11
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 6
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 2
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Failing and Beekman Oratory Contest 1
- Hollis, Orlando John, 1904-2000 1
- Jones, William C., 1900-1980 1
- Lindholm, Richard W. (Richard Wadsworth), 1913-1994 1
- Miller, Harry B. 1
- Morris, Victor Pierpont, 1891- 1
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 1
- Oregon State College 1
- Reinmuth, James E., 1940- 1
- Robbins, E. C. (Edwin Clyde), 1883-1947 1
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 1 + ∧ less