Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
American Heritage magazine was founded in late 1949 by the American Association for State and Local History (AASLH), which published five volumes until 1954 when AASLH sold the magazine to three former Time, Inc. editors, James Parton, Oliver Jensen and Joseph J. Thorndike, Jr. The collection contains founding documents, annual reports, Board of Directors meeting minutes, financial records, memoranda and correspondence, office bulletins, and publicity materials.
Henry Chalmers was an economist who worked in state and national offices. His collection consists of memoranda, position papers, special studies, and correspondence relating to economic affairs.
The University of Oregon offered a major and minor in American Studies from 1984 until 1991. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
The Faculty Advisory Council at the University of Oregon is a university standing committee responsible for providing the President and other administration officials with faculty opinion and counsel on a wide range of university affairs. The collection (1913-1988) contains a history of the council, minutes, memoranda, reports, and curriculum files.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.
Between August 1916 and March 1917, the Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company undertook a "Fundamental Plan Survey" of Portland, Oregon, that gathered population, business, firm, and rent value statistics, telephone estimates, and rate schedules. The collection (1916-1917) contains the final report and correspondence related to the population survey.
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Colleges and Universities 4
- Administrative records 3
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 3
- Financial records 3
- Oregon 2
- Bulletins 1
- Business records 1
- Businesses and Corporations 1
- College publications -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Government policy -- United States 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Government policy -- West (U.S.) 1
- Economic policy -- History -- 20th century 1
- Economics -- History -- 20th century 1
- Economists -- Oregon 1
- Economists -- United States 1 ∧ less
- University of Oregon 4
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 3
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 3
- American Association for State and Local History 1
- American Heritage Publishing Company 1
- Andrews, Fred C. 1
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Chalmers, Henry, 1892-1958 1
- Clark, Dan Elbert, 1884-1956 1
- Cogswell, Clarence Holloway, 1887-1929 1
- Duncan, Charles T. 1
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 1
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 1
- Johnson, John Wesley, 1836-1898 1
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968 1
- Knight, Paul, active 1961-1967 1
- Montoya, Joseph Manuel, 1915-1978 1
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 1
- Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Stephenson, Wendell Holmes, 1899-1970 1 ∧ less