Showing Collections: 61 - 70 of 70
The Silver Creek Recreational Area Advisory Committee promoted and planned the use of land east of Silver Creek Falls State Park, in Marion County, Oregon, as a public "organized camping" and recreational area. The collection (1936-1942) contains correspondence, reports, and minutes from the files of committee member, Karl Onthank.
Lura McLane Smith's (1885-1979) husband, Roy K. Smith (1885-1958), was a Presbyterian medical missionary in Korea, in Seoul and Mason. The collection contains booklets, pamphlets, newspaper and magazine clippings related to Smith’s missionary work in Korea.
Harrison Spangler (1879-1965) was a Spanish-American war veteran who later served as a committee member and National Chairman of the Republican Party during the 1930-1940's, and after WWII became involved with Oregon politics. The collection consists of five major series: Wayne Morse, Robert Taft, Richard Neuberger, the Republican Party, and Harrison Spangler personal records.
Peter Steele (1918 - ) was a political and industrial writer who supported conservative causes and wrote against socialism and left-wing politics. The collection contains correspondence, writings, speeches, Associated Industries of Missouri (A.I.M.) files, General Electric reports, Group Research Reports, Inc. files, Communications Research Reports, research lists, and cassette tape recordings by Steele.
Albert Montreville Taylor served in the Philippine Constabulary. The collection (1900-1966) contains correspondence, diaries, constabulary records and publications, and also personal papers, photographs, and memorabilia.
United States Spruce Production Corporation was incorporated in Washington on August 19, 1918, and the Spruce Products Division was responsible for overseeing the logging of Northwest Spruce, and the manufacturing of Spruce products. The collection (1918-1919) contains orders and special orders, U. S. War Department memoranda, weekly bulletins, efficiency reports, correspondence, publications, liquidation files, and files on timber and railway companies.
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.
In 1876, the Oregon legislature vested a Board of Regents with governance of the University of Oregon, a role that lasted until 1929. Collection contains office files, correspondence, minutes, biennial and annual reports, Deady Hall repair files, department, dorm, and building naming and dedication files, professor profiles, dorm information, and a record book.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
First National Theaters, Inc. leased and owned motion picture theaters in the Pacific Northwest, and in 1958, Yakima Amusement company bought out First National Theatres. The collection (1921-1959) contains financial records and correspondence of First National Theaters, Inc., of Yakima Amusement Co., and also includes financial information regarding Pioneer Securities Co., New Enterprises Inc., and C. S. Jensen.
- Reports 63
- Oregon 25
- Financial records 20
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 20
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 19
- Colleges and Universities 15
- Annual reports 13
- Administrative records 11
- Photographs 11
- Memorandums 10
- Office files 9
- Clippings 8
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 8
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 5
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 4
- Bulletins 3
- Businesses and Corporations 3
- Bylaws (administrative records) 3
- Constitutions 3 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 22
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 8
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 3
- Cressman, Luther S., 1897-1994 2
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 2
- Oregon State College 2
- Oregon Women's Political Caucus 2
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly 2
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 2
- Tugman, William M. (William Masten), 1893-1961 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 2
- American Association for State and Local History 1
- American Council for Emigrés in the Professions 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Heritage Publishing Company 1
- American Institute of Architects. Southwestern Oregon Chapter 1 + ∧ less