Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 70
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
The American Council for Emigrés in the Professions (ACEP) aided professional émigrés in all aspects of resettlement in America. The collection (1945-1966) contains correspondence, reports of projects and grants undertaken and awarded, annual reports, and name and employment information of the émigrés.
American Heritage magazine was founded in late 1949 by the American Association for State and Local History (AASLH), which published five volumes until 1954 when AASLH sold the magazine to three former Time, Inc. editors, James Parton, Oliver Jensen and Joseph J. Thorndike, Jr. The collection contains founding documents, annual reports, Board of Directors meeting minutes, financial records, memoranda and correspondence, office bulletins, and publicity materials.
The American Institute of Architects had a Southwest Oregon Chapter. The collection (1952-1962) contains meeting minutes, executive board minutes, reports to the executive, financial reports, membership information, events, and printed matter.
Victor Boehl (1901-1965) worked as a logger in Oregon and California, and then as a dairy farmer in southern Oregon. The collection (1938-1960) contains reports and correspondence on water resources and reclamation in the Rogue River basin, Oregon, and issues of the The Creamery Cooperator, published by the Rogue Valley Dairy Cooperative Association, of Grants Pass, Oregon.
David Bunting (1940-) and William Thomas Trulove (1943- ) researched the economic effects of the termination of the Klamath Indian Reservation. The collection contains research files, surveys and interviews, original manuscripts, and published material.
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
Henry Chalmers was an economist who worked in state and national offices. His collection consists of memoranda, position papers, special studies, and correspondence relating to economic affairs.
Originally from Maine, A. P. Dennison (1824-1896) held numerous minor political offices in the Oregon Territory, including Adjutant General. The papers consist of receipts, letters of appointment, reports, and a bound scrapbook.
The University of Oregon offered a major and minor in American Studies from 1984 until 1991. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
William Daniel Boone Dodson (1871-1950) had a long career with the Portland Chamber of Commerce, serving as general manager, executive vice-president, and as director of industrial promotion where he worked chiefly on the industrial development of Oregon. The collection (1947-1949) contains correspondence, reports, biographical information, and publications.
Alexander Vincent Dye (1876-1956) served in the U.S. foreign service in Mexico, Buenos Aires, and London. The collection contains professional and personal correspondence, reports on commercial and political affairs, trip summaries and memoranda, manuscript material, biographical information, mementos, and a scrapbook, 1897-1941.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
Eugene Fruit Growers Association was a vegetable, fruit, and nut growing, picking, packing, and canning cooperative, founded in 1908. The collection (1908-1971) contains administrative records which include correspondence and reports, financial records, architectural plans, photographs, reports, and printing plates.
The current Eugene Shakespeare Club, an organization of women devoted to the study of Shakespeare's works, was founded in 1909 and continues in existence as of the date of this writing (1993). The collection contains correspondence, constitutions, histories and recollections, and minutes that include annual reports, clippings, programs, and membership information.
The Faculty Advisory Council at the University of Oregon is a university standing committee responsible for providing the President and other administration officials with faculty opinion and counsel on a wide range of university affairs. The collection (1913-1988) contains a history of the council, minutes, memoranda, reports, and curriculum files.
John Barclay Fisken was the manager, general superintendent, superintendent of light and power, and chief engineer of the Washington Water Power Company. The collections consists of reports and papers from Fisken's career at the Washington Water Power Company.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
The Forest Industries Radio Communications (FIRC) organization coordinated radio communication in the lumber and forest products industries. The records include meeting minutes, correspondence, financial, general and annual reports, technical files, and periodicals, 1947-1961.
The Oregon Governor's Committee for the Oregon Museum of History, Science, and Industry was tasked to gather information and support needed to create a new Oregon museum; the resulting museum would become OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). The collection (1943-1944) contains meeting minutes, and reports.
James Tertius Jardine worked as a civil servant in agriculture; he was director of Oregon agricultural experiment stations, and chief of the Office of Experiment Stations, U.S.D.A. He played an important role in grazing research. The collection (1910-1951) contains contracts and appointment notices, reports on grazing policies, correspondence, and personal information and papers.
Benjamin Hamilton Kizer (1878 - ) was an attorney and a member and official of planning boards/commissions including the American Society of Planning Officials, Northwest Regional Council, and the National Resources Planning Board. The collection (1934-1959) contains reports, documents, and correspondence of boards and commissions to which Kizer belonged and a transcript of the 1949 State Department Round Table discussion on American policy towards China.
The Lay Council for Better Education for Lane County School District No. 69 was an organization that formed to promote school improvement. The collection (1956-1960) contains by-laws, meeting minutes, including Board of Director's and School Board minutes, correspondence, reports, and financial records.
Daniel J. McGarity was general manager of the Commission of Public Docks in Oregon. The collection (1944-1952) contains correspondence, brochures, reports, and other documents concerning development of the Port of Portland.
The McMinnville (Oregon) Ladies’ Sanitary Aid Society was founded in 1863 to support Union troops by providing volunteer support and raising money. The collection (1861-1865; 1961) contains a secretary's book, a treasurer's book, annual report, constitution and bylaws, meeting minutes, Juvenile Sanitary Society information, correspondence, receipts, and a story regarding the society.
- Reports 63
- Oregon 25
- Financial records 20
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 20
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 19
- Colleges and Universities 15
- Annual reports 13
- Administrative records 11
- Photographs 11
- Memorandums 10
- Office files 9
- Clippings 8
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 8
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 5
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 4
- Bulletins 3
- Businesses and Corporations 3
- Bylaws (administrative records) 3
- Constitutions 3 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 22
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 8
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 3
- Cressman, Luther S., 1897-1994 2
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 2
- Oregon State College 2
- Oregon Women's Political Caucus 2
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly 2
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 2
- Tugman, William M. (William Masten), 1893-1961 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 2
- American Association for State and Local History 1
- American Council for Emigrés in the Professions 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Heritage Publishing Company 1
- American Institute of Architects. Southwestern Oregon Chapter 1 + ∧ less