Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
John Y. Crothers (1881- ) was a Presbyterian missionary teacher in Korea at Taegu (1909), Andong (1910-1941 and 1947-1951), and Karuizawa, Japan (1950). The collection includes correspondence, publications, and photographs that reflect his work as a missionary.
Darley Downs (1894?-1969) was a missionary in Japan before World War II. The collection contains correspondence, a manuscript, and printed matter related to missionary work.
Alzo John Fisher was a Christian missionary. The Alzo John Fisher papers comprise letters, reports, articles, manuscripts, publications, and other information produced or collected by Fisher, all of which pertain to his missionary service in China. The collection also includes histories of Chinese Christian missions, which discuss many of the historical, political, and social events in China.
Esther Morse (1898-1975) was a medical missionary in China and Pakistan. The collection contains correspondence, diaries, speeches, biographical information, scrapbooks, and photographs that offer a detailed picture of the experiences of a medical missionary woman whose life intersected with some of the most significant transitions in 20th century China and Pakistan.
David S. and Luella Tappan (husband and wife) were Presbyterian missionaries in Hainan, China. The collection includes correspondence, diaries, and miscellaneous materials that relate to their missionary work.
Dr. Ernest Everett Tuck (1888-1966) was a Methodist missionary to the Philippine Islands. The collection includes correspondence, sermons, records of Philippine missions, biographical materials, and ledgers.
Elizabeth Curtis Wright (1887-1974) was a Christian missionary teacher in China in the early 1920s through the 1950s. The collection includes correspondence, biographical materials, memoirs, and miscellaneous documents that reflect her mission work.
- Photographs 5
- Correspondence 4
- Women 4
- Missions, American -- China 3
- Prisoners of war -- China 3
- Prisoners of war -- United States 3
- Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945 3
- Women missionaries -- China 3
- Christianity -- China 2
- Methodist women -- China 2
- Presbyterian Church -- Missions -- China 2
- Women Christian educators -- China 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 2
- Beijing (China) -- Maps 1
- China -- Church history -- 20th century 1
- China -- History -- 1937-1945 1
- China -- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A 2
- Crothers, Ellen McClung, 1884-1966 1
- Crothers, John Y., 1881- 1
- Dobson, William Hervie, 1870-1965 1
- Downs, Darley 1
- Fisher, Alzo John, 1877-1967 1
- Hainan Christian Middle School 1
- Keen School (Tianjin, China) 1
- Morse, Esther, 1898-1975 1
- Perkins, Sara Emily, 1892- 1
- Tappan, David Stanton, 1880-1968 1
- Tappan, Luella R. 1
- Tuck, Ernest Everett, 1888-1966 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). Board of Missions. Women's Division 1
- Wheeler, Laura Maude, 1874-1966 1
- Wright, Elizabeth Curtis, 1887-1974 1 ∧ less