Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
The papers of Andrew Carrick, a Presbyterian minister, is primarily comprised of 850 manuscript sermons dating from 1898 to 1938. There is also a file of funeral sermons, 1916-1942, filed by name of deceased.
Monona Cheney (1890-1982) was a Christian missionary in China between 1918 and 1930. The collection includes correspondence, photographs, sermons, and publications that reflect her life as a missionary in China.
Dr. Henry Guy Goodsell (1880-1968) was a Methodist Episcopal minister who served congregations in Wisconsin, Colorado, and Oregon. The collection consists of 771 sermons that contain notations regarding bible/religious text used, subject of sermon, and locations where sermon was given and dates used.
Arthur M. Guttery (1885-1981) was a Protestant minister and missionary for the Y.M.C.A. The collection contains sermons, religious addresses, essays on China, correspondence, and memoirs of Y.M.C.A. workers in China.
Edwin Dwight Kellogg (1882-1952) was a Congregational minister in Forest Grove, Oregon, and a former missionary in China. The collection (1930-1952) contains sermons and also correspondence from China.
Luther D. Mahone (1878-1966) was a captain in the Spanish-American war, a lawyer, and a Methodist-Episcopal minister. The collection contains diaries, essays, sermons, manuscripts, and civic and business related organizations.
McGaw was a Presbyterian minister who served at churches in Ohio, Missouri, Indiana, and Oregon, including in Grants Pass, Salem, Portland, Union, Woodburn, Independence, and at the Chemawa Indian School near Salem. The register lists sermon texts and subjects, and gives occasional comments. There is a register of marriages and funerals on the final pages of the volume.
Laurence E. Nye (1910-1965) was a minister at the First Methodist Church, Portland, from 1945. The collection contains correspondence, sermons, book reviews, school papers and exams, manuscripts, biographical files, church miscellany, and a bible.
Victor Phillips (1888-1961) was a Methodist minister in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains sermons.
Lester C. Poor (1874-1967) was a Methodist Episcopalian minister. The collection (1897-1947) contains sermons, sermon notes, and outlines.
Lemuel Pratt Putnam (1884-1968) had a long career of service with the YMCA and the Presbyterian Church, as a social worker and pastor. The collection (1911-1963) contains correspondence, religious writings, subject files on religious organizations, and biographical information.
Charles Claudius Rarick (1870-1960) was raised in Kansas, learned the blacksmith trade from his father, and became a Methodist preacher, serving congregations in Kansas, Oklahoma Territory, Colorado, and Oregon. The collection contains an autobiography and sermons, including sermon notes, drafts, and journals.
Haywood P. Sconce was a Baptist minister who served congregations in Oregon and Washington, and in 1954 founded and became director of Christian Celebrity Tyme, a religious radio program. The papers include sermons, outlines, and sermon notes, correspondence, manuscripts of short stories and articles, memorabilia, and Christian Celebrity Tyme materials including programs, notes, and recordings.
William Payne Shriver (1872-1957) was Presbyterian minister and author who was known for his work with immigrants and Presbyterian missions. Collection consists of bible study records, manuscripts, prayer drafts, pamphlets, homemade books, tearsheets, personnel reflections, sermons, correspondence and miscellaneous items.
Reginald A'Court Simmonds (1884-1962) served as rector of St. Mark's church, Protestant Episcopal, in Portland, Oregon, 1924-1951. The collection contains sermons, sermon notes, correspondence, service programs, publications, a diary of a trip to England, and personal mementos and photographs.
Dr. Ernest Everett Tuck (1888-1966) was a Methodist missionary to the Philippine Islands. The collection includes correspondence, sermons, records of Philippine missions, biographical materials, and ledgers.
- Correspondence 9
- Missionaries 4
- Photographs 3
- Presbyterian Church -- Oregon -- Clergy 3
- Diaries 2
- Methodist Church -- Oregon -- Clergy 2
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- Sermons 2
- Missions, American -- China 2
- Oregon 2
- Portland (Or.) -- Church history 2
- Presbyterian Church -- Clergy 2
- Sermons, American -- Oregon -- Portland 2
- Autobiographies 1
- Baptists -- Clergy 1
- Baptists -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Beijing (China) -- Photographs 1
- Celebrities -- Interviews 1
- China -- Church history -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Methodist Episcopal Church--Illinois--Urbana--Clergy 2
- Methodist Episcopal Church--Oregon 2
- YMCA of the USA 2
- Booth, William, 1829-1912 1
- Carrick, Andrew, 1862-1948 1
- Cheney, Monona, 1890-1982 1
- Christian Celebrity Tyme 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Oregon 1
- First Methodist Church (Portland, Or.) 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Portland, Or.) 1
- Goodsell, H. Guy (Henry Guy), 1880-1968 1
- Guttery, Arthur M., 1885-1981 1
- Kellogg, Edwin Dwight, 1882-1952 1
- League of Western Writers 1
- Mahone, Luther D. (Luther Dolliver), 1878-1966 1
- McGaw, James A. P. 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.)--Sermons 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church--Doctrines 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church--Missions--China 1
- National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America 1 ∧ less