Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Clara Dyer was a Methodist missionary in Ch'angli, Hopei (Hopeh) Province, northern China from the early to mid-twentieth century. The collection includes personal letters and reports that reflect her missionary work.
Myra Jaquet was a Methodist missionary in northern China from 1911 to 1942. The collection includes correspondence, literary manuscripts, personal journals, and photographs.
Idabelle Main (1887-1969) was a Christian missionary in China, serving from 1909 through 1941 and then again from 1946 to 1949. She served in Tientsin, Shanghai, and Foochow at multiple colleges and also worked as an editor. The collection includes correspondence, church materials, diaries and a biography written by her niece. Also included are photographs from her time in China.
Esther Morse (1898-1975) was a medical missionary in China and Pakistan. The collection contains correspondence, diaries, speeches, biographical information, scrapbooks, and photographs that offer a detailed picture of the experiences of a medical missionary woman whose life intersected with some of the most significant transitions in 20th century China and Pakistan.
Elsie Reik was a Christian missionary in Foochow (Fuzhou) China from the 1920s through 1950, when she returned to the United States. The collection consists of correspondence that provides some documentation on missionary work and on life in Foochow (Fuzhou).
Edith Simester was a Christian missionary in China and later Brazil, serving from the 1930s through the 1950s. The collection includes incoming correspondence and transcriptions of letters to her mother.
Myra Snow was a Methodist missionary in Tientsin, northern China from the late 1920s through the early 1940s. The collection comprises letters that reflect her work as a missionary.
Lyrel Teagarden (born April 23, 1894) served as a missionary in China from 1920 to 1951, in Jamaica from 1952 to 1956, and worked for two years in the Yakima Indian Mission in Washington State (during the early 1940s). The collection includes correspondence, day journals, biographical material, literary manuscripts and newsletters that reflect her missionary career, primarily during the China period.
- Correspondence 6
- Missions, American -- China 6
- Photographs 5
- Women Christian educators -- China -- Correspondence 5
- Methodist women -- China -- Correspondence 4
- China -- Politics and government -- 1928-1937 2
- China -- Social conditions -- 1912-1949 2
- China -- Social life and customs -- 1912-1949 2
- Girls -- Education -- China 2
- Prisoners of war -- China 2
- Prisoners of war -- United States 2
- Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945 2
- Women Christian educators -- China 2
- Brigands and robbers -- China -- Changli Xian 1
- China -- Economic conditions -- 1912-1949 1
- China -- Politics and government -- 1912-1949 1 ∧ less
- Jaquet, Myra Anna, 1884-1971 2
- Keen School (Tianjin, China) 2
- Snow, Myra 2
- Alderman School (Changli Xian, China) 1
- Dacorso Filho, César 1
- Disciples of Christ 1
- Dyer, Clara Pearl, 1875- 1
- Feng, Yuxiang, 1882-1948 1
- Gamewell School (Tianjin, China) 1
- Hua nan nü zi wen li xue yuan (Fuzhou Shi, Fujian Sheng, China) 1
- Main, Idabelle Lewis, 1887-1969 1
- Main, Orrin William 1
- Morse, Esther, 1898-1975 1
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A 1
- Reik, Elsie I., 1893-1985 1
- Simester, Edith Winifred 1
- Teagarden, Lyrel 1 ∧ less