Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Medorem Crawford helped lead emigrants overland to the Pacific Northwest in the early 1860s. From 1864 to 1869 he was Oregon collector of internal revenue, and from 1871 to 1875 he served as appraiser of customs. The collection is comprised of diaries, correspondence and account books. Some of the diaries describe overland journeys. The major part of the collection are the diaries for 1859-1861, 1863, 1864, 1869-1871, 1876-1877, 1885-1886.
The Durham family was based in Kentucky, although some family members moved out west. The collection (1846-1925) contains correspondence, telegrams, an obituary, an article clipping, and poetry.
Joseph Hedges (1827-1895) was a carpenter and pioneer who travelled from Ohio to Oregon in 1852. The collection consists of a single, one paragraph letter from Hedge to Fouts.
John Lawrence Johnson (1830-1916) was a pioneer who came to Oregon with his parents in 1851. The collection includes Johnson's diary of that journey as well as a letter from Johnson's uncle.
Jesse Looney (1800-1869) was a pioneer farmer and early Oregon legislator. The collection consists of a typed transcript of a letter from Looney to his brother-in-law, John C. Bond.
Walter E. Meacham (1879-1951) was a historian and Oregon Trail enthusiast. The Walter Meacham papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, research notes, and a variety of materials associated with the Old Oregon Trail Association and Meacham's promotional activities.
William Henderson Packwood (1932-1917) was an Oregon pioneer, who in 1857, was the youngest delegate sent to Oregon's Constitutional Convention. The collection (1915) contains a letter to Fred Lockley regarding Packwood's boyhood, along with a typed memoir of the Packwood family's overland journey to Oregon in 1849.
Alfred Zieber (1830-1890) travelled overland from Peoria, Illinois to California. The collection consists of Zieber's diary of his journey, as well as four subsequent letters from his father, John S. Zieber.
- Correspondence 8
- Pioneers 6
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States 5
- Diaries 4
- Pioneers -- Oregon 4
- Oregon 3
- Oregon Territory -- History 3
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 3
- Oregon National Historic Trail 2
- Photographs 2
- Pioneers -- Illinois 2
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Diaries 2
- Pioneers -- Oregon Territory 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Oregon 1
- Baker County (Or.) -- History 1
- Farmers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Illinois -- Peoria 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kentucky 1 + ∧ less
- American Pioneer Trails Association 1
- Bond, John C. 1
- Churchill, Claire Warner, 1898-1956 1
- Crawford, Leroy 1
- Crawford, Medorem, 1819-1891 1
- Durham family 1
- Durham, John Henry, 1853- 1
- Durham, John, circa 1820-1889 1
- Durham, Mary A. (Mary Ann), 1826- 1
- Hedges, Joseph, 1827-1895 1
- Johnson, John Lawrence, 1830-1916 1
- Lockley, Fred, 1871-1958 1
- Looney, Jesse, 1801-1869 1
- Meacham family 1
- Meacham, Walter E., 1879-1951 1
- Miller, Joaquin, 1837-1913 1
- Old Oregon Trail Association 1
- Oregon Trail Memorial Association 1
- Packwood family 1
- Packwood, William H., 1832-1917 1 + ∧ less