Showing Collections: 31 - 40 of 40
The Taylor family papers include a journal of an overland trip from Rockford, Illinois to Oregon in 1853 by Rachel Taylor; a diary of D. H. Taylor on military service against Indians, January 1862-May 1862; and a genealogy of the Taylor family and related families.
Joseph Nathan Teal (1858-1929) was an Oregon rancher, lawyer, investor, and civic leader who was an advocate of waterways development, and served as U.S. Shipping Commissioner from 1920-1921. The collection contains a manuscript of a series of reminiscences of ranch life during the 1850s through the 1870s, in eastern Oregon, that Teal wrote down for his family in 1921.
Solomon Tetherow was a wagonmaster of an expedition to Oregon. Solomon Tetherow's journal of the Oregon Emigrating Society of 1845 contains copies as well as photo negatives of the journal.
John Joseph Villair (1876- ) was an Oregon pioneer and resident of Josephine County. The collection consists of a typed transcription of Villair's reminiscences as told to John C. Kuhns (1887-1901).
George Miller West (1831-1912) was a pioneer and carpenter who travelled to Oregon and California to gold mine in 1853. Collection consists of one 49 paged reminiscence, typewritten and includes photographs. Photocopy is included.
V. Williams was a pioneer who took the California road to Oregon. Journal documents the journey from Iowa to Klamath Lake, Oregon.
John Woolverton came overland from Iowa to Oregon in 1856 and settled in Polk County, Oregon. The collection (1864-1941) contains a copy of an overland journal to Oregon, a history of John Woolverton, and proceedings of the National and International Association of Woolvertons.
Alfred Zieber (1830-1890) travelled overland from Peoria, Illinois to California. The collection consists of Zieber's diary of his journey, as well as four subsequent letters from his father, John S. Zieber.
- Pioneers 29
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States 28
- Oregon 22
- Diaries 21
- Overland journals 13
- Pioneers -- Oregon 12
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel 10
- Oregon Territory -- History 10
- Oregon National Historic Trail 9
- Correspondence 8
- Frontier and pioneer life 7
- Women 7
- Pioneers -- Oregon Territory 6
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Diaries 5
- Reminiscences 5
- City and Town Life 4
- Journals (accounts) 4
- Photographs 4
- Pioneers -- West (U.S.) -- Diaries 4 + ∧ less
- Akin family 1
- Akin, James 1
- Althea (Yacht) 1
- American Pioneer Trails Association 1
- Beeson, Welborn, 1836-1893 1
- Bond family 1
- Bond, C. A. 1
- Bond, George, 1818- 1
- Bond, John C. 1
- Churchill, Claire Warner, 1898-1956 1
- Cooper, Arvazena A., 1845-1929 1
- Court family 1
- Cranfill, Isom 1
- Crawford, Leroy 1
- Crawford, Medorem, 1819-1891 1
- D'Arcy, Marianne Hunsaker, 1842-1932 1
- Dillard family 1
- Dillard, George, approximately 1625- 1
- Durham family 1
- Durham, John Henry, 1853- 1 + ∧ less