Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Arvazena A. Cooper (1845-1929) traveled the Oregon Trail with her family in 1863 and settled in the Willamette Valley. The collection contains her reminiscences of that journey and biographical information about her life in Oregon.
The collection contains Marianne Hunsaker D’Arcy’s autobiography, both in handwritten form, and typed. D’Arcy was among the first generation of Americans to settle in Oregon.
Elizabeth Goltra traveled with her husband to Oregon from Missouri in 1853. This collection contains copies of the journal she kept during their overland crossing. Pages dealing with the history of the Goltra family are also included.
Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon was an Oregon pioneer and school teacher. The collection consists of a detailed typewritten memoir of an overland wagon trip from Kansas to Oregon in 1883.
Fay Hampton Robertson compiled histories of the Moore, Hampton, and Dillard branches of her family. The collection consists of typewritten copies of those histories as well as the trail diary of Jonathan Limerick Moore (1830-1862).
Collection consists of the memoir of Mrs. Inez Eugenia (Adams) Parker, who crossed the plains from Illinois to Oregon in 1848 and spent her childhood in Yamhill, Oregon. Her memoir, Early recollections of Oregon pioneer life, tells of her life in Illinois. Inez Adams Parker traveled on the Oregon Trail as a very young child and wrote her recollections late in life. The collection consists of her typed, autobiographical account of her life in Oregon.
Mrs. Lydia A. Rudd traveled overland from Missouri to Oregon in 1852; Notes by the Wayside En Route to Oregon is her journal from May 6, 1852-October 27, 1852.
Viola Springer was from Sullivan County, Missouri and was an Oregon pioneer. The Viola Springer journal describes in detail her trip from Princeton, Montana to Harney Valley, Oregon in 1885-1886.
Sarah Sutton traveled to Oregon with her husband, John Sutton, their four children and other family and friends from Cass County, Illinois to Grand Ronde Valley, Oregon. Collection includes one volume of Sarah Sutton's printed diary of crossing the plains pasted into a ledger book.
The Taylor family papers include a journal of an overland trip from Rockford, Illinois to Oregon in 1853 by Rachel Taylor; a diary of D. H. Taylor on military service against Indians, January 1862-May 1862; and a genealogy of the Taylor family and related families.
- Pioneers 9
- Diaries 8
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States 8
- Women 8
- Oregon 5
- Overland journals 5
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel 4
- Pioneers -- Oregon 4
- Women Pioneers -- Oregon 4
- Oregon National Historic Trail 3
- Frontier and pioneer life 2
- Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.) 2
- Memoirs 2
- Oregon -- Biography 2
- Photographs 2
- Pioneers -- Oregon Territory 2
- Women Pioneers -- Oregon -- Diaries 2
- Women Pioneers -- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Diaries 2
- Children and Youth 1 ∧ less
- Churchill, Claire Warner, 1898-1956 1
- Cooper, Arvazena A., 1845-1929 1
- Court family 1
- D'Arcy, Marianne Hunsaker, 1842-1932 1
- Dillard family 1
- Dillard, George, approximately 1625- 1
- Farrington, Elizabeth Goltra 1
- Goltra family 1
- Gordon, Wyona Eliza Surfus, active 1883 1
- Hampton family 1
- Hampton, John Douglas 1
- Hampton, John Jacob 1
- Merriam family 1
- Moore family 1
- Moore, Jonathan Limerick, 1830-1862 1
- Moore, Sarah Ann 1
- Moore, Sarah Winter 1
- Parker, Inez Eugenia Adams, 1845-1933 1
- Phelps family 1
- Robinson, Fay Hampton 1 ∧ less