Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 1386
Frederick William Cleator was a forester and conservationist. The collection includes diaries, correspondence, notes, documents, and photographs relating to Cleator's interest in the recreational aspects of national forests and the establishment of the Cascade skyline trail.
Lauretta M. Cloran was the wife of Timothy Cloran, professor of Romance Languages, University of Oregon. The collection contains thirty-nine diaries (1911-1954) and they include information such as social engagements, menus, entertainments, weather, and occasional local news.
American photographer and graphic artist James Cloutier published a photo essay on Alpine, Oregon in 1977 and a poster map of Eugene, Oregon in 1985. Collection includes contact prints, mounted photographs, and negatives of approximately 70 images used in the illustration of Cloutier's book The Alpine Tavern, about Alpine, Or.
The collection contains bill of sale to People's Transportation Co. for the steamer Relief, signed by John Cochran and others, on July 1, 1865.
Henry Waldo Coe (1857-1927) was a Portland, Oregon, physician, patron of the arts, and member of the Progressive Party. The collection consists mainly of correspondence including letters from Theodore Roosevelt and the Roosevelt family (1907-1918), and correspondence, clippings and photographs concerning statues of Roosevelt, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Jeanne D'Arc commissioned by Coe.
Urling Campbell Coe (1881-1956) was a physician who practiced in Bend and Portland, Oregon. The collection (1940-1942) contains correspondence, a scrapbook, and material relating to his published recollections, titled Frontier Doctor.
Stephen Coffin (1808-1882) was a pioneer and early Oregon landowner. The collection consists of a deed issued by Coffin for "lots seven and eight" of "block number 5" of the Portland town site.
Sketches of political cartoons concerning city and county issues which appeared in various issues of the Eugene Register-Guard newspaper.
The Aurora Colony was a Christian communal society located in Aurora, Oregon that was populated by nearly 600 Swiss and German emigrants from 1856-1883. Collection contains one manuscript book of lyrics to German and English selections, both hymns and ballads, by a member of this colony.
Dean Collins (1887-1969) was an Oregon journalist, writer and poet. The collection includes manuscripts, scrapbooks and memorabilia covering Collins' writing career as well as family correspondence and some financial records.
James Harrison Collins (1836-1890) was a teacher, superintendent of schools, and a representative in the Oregon State Legislature. Collection contains 733 letters organized chronologically.
The collection contains the record book and the stock certificates book for the Columbia Mines Company.
Includes articles of incorporation, minutes of stockholders' meetings, stock record, and dividend record. The firm was a cannery. The incorporators were Milton Smith, C. R. Hallberg, and W. H. Cooper.
The collection contains a bill of lading dated July 3, 1860, for the Oregon steamship Columbia.
Samuel Colver (1815-1891) came to Oregon in 1850, where he served as an Indian Agent and U.S. Marshall, and helped found the community of Phoenix, Oregon. The Colver Family Papers contain correspondence among family members, and some letters to Oliver C. Applegate, 1869-1870. The papers include historical and genealogical notes, and reminiscences of O.A. Stearns, including information on Samuel Colver.
William M. Colvig was the district attorny for Medford, Oregon in 1865, as well as the County School Superintendent and a Republican. Papers include accounts, essays papers on court hearings and addresses.
Collection is comprised of a single album containing over 200 black and white photographs documenting the experiences of Elbert Owen Colvin, who worked as a carpenter for the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) and the United States Forest Service during the early 1930's.
Amelia R. Combs lived in Eugene, Oregon and was a member of a history association, “Native Daughters.” Acting as chairperson of a committee to gather information about the history of the Eugene Skinner cabin, the location of Columbia College, and the early history of the first Eugene court, Amelia Combs compiled a report in the form of a list responses to these questions.
The Committee to Keep Firemen Police and Teachers on the Job, directed by Roy N. Vernstrom, was formed to defeat Oregon state ballot measure number 7 (the 1 1/2% tax limitation), on the ballot November 5, 1968. The collection contains campaign materials including correspondence, advertising, memoranda, statistics, financial accounting, opinion surveys, and a study of the campaign by Verstrom.
Typed copy of a newspaper article titled Communism was a success at Aurora, from the Oregon Statesman, March 28, 1926. Article includes the Colony Compact, and a brief discussion of Aurora colony. Colony was founded by William Keil.
The Community Action program originated in the Department of Human Services and participants undertook action in local communities. The collection contains two copies of a VHS video of the project.
This collection documents the racial and cultural diversity of the Eugene-Springfield, Oregon area as of January 1996 through photographs provided voluntarily by community members. This collection was created by the University of Oregon Special Collections for a photo exhibit celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day in 1996.
The Department of Comparative Literature offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. It is also the home of the journal Comparative Literature. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this program and the literary journal Comparative Literature.
Philip Condit diary describes his trip across the plains from Council Bluffs, Iowa to the Willamette Valley.
Sylvanus Condit diary contains entries on trip across the plains from Council Bluffs, Iowa to the Willamette Valley.
The Condon Lecture Series was created in 1944 by the Oregon State Board of Higher Education and was named after the University of Oregon's first geologist, Thomas Condon. The collection contains published and unpublished versions of lectures.
Thomas Condon (1822-1907) was an Irish Congregational minister, a geologist and paleontologist, and a professor at the University of Oregon. The collection (1870-1900; 1946) contains correspondence, Condon's class teaching record, UO Board of Regents meeting minutes, a catalogue of the Condon specimen collection, geology publications, and photographs of minerals, specimens, the Condon family, and fossils.
Thomas Condon (1822-1907) was an Irish Congregational minister, a geologist and paleontologist who was appointed University of Oregon's first professor of geology in 1876 and continued as professor and chair of Natural Sciences until 1907. The collection (1897-1906) contains lecture notes, writings by Condon on a new fossil Pinniped, and books on skeletons and Pinnipeds owned by Condon.
Theme on the Irish in Lakeview, Or., written by Condrey for Freshman composition class at the University of Oregon between 1938 and 1952. Preface written by Randall V. Mills, Condrey's professor. Mills also made grammatical revisions in the text.