Showing Collections: 1321 - 1350 of 1386
Albert Richard Wetjen (1900-1948) was a writer who was known for his sea stories and novels and was also editor of the Oregon Magazine. The collection (1923-1945) contains correspondence regarding the condition of writing in the Pacific Northwest and also manuscripts of stories.
Clarence H. White (1874-1945) established the Ellison-White Lyceum and Chautauqua Association, and also founded a conservatory of music in Portland. The collection (1898-1945) contains correspondence, reports and a program of the Chautauqua Association, and catalogues and programs of the music conservatory.
Elijah White (1806–1879) was a missionary and agent for the United States government in the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a bond issued by White for the sale of two lots to John Shively.
Robert L. White (1865-1932) was a resident of Brownsville, Oregon. The collection (1865-1932) consists of legal documents such as indentures, deeds, warrants and citations, and also correspondence.
John Whiteaker (1820-1902), a Democrat, was Oregon's first state governor from 1859-1862. The collection consists of personal papers and photostats of Whiteaker's journals and scrapbooks.
Biographical sketch of Margaret Mary Widmer, daughter of Oregon pioneer Conrad Widmer. Includes a brief history of the Widmer family.
The Widowed Services Program/Displaced Homemaker Center and Widowed Services Program was established at the University of Oregon by Hazel Foss in the mid-1970s to help new widows and displaced homemakers develop skills to enter the workforce. The collection contains office files, grant records, publicity and media materials, publications, videotapes and audiotapes, and photographs.
William Allen Wiest (1885-1960) was an attorney in Independence, Oregon. The collection contains case files and Oregon State Bar grievance committee documents.
Collection is comprised of the papers of science fiction and mystery novelist Kate Wilhelm, and includes literary manuscripts, correspondence, and personal papers such as financial documents, contracts, and book reviews.
The Wilhoit Springs Resort resort was founded by James Wilhoit, and was a favorite rusticating spot for tired Oregonians. The collection (1899-1902) consists of campers' records, a hotel record, a stage account, brochures regarding the resort and the area, small black and white prints of the resort, a few pieces of correspondence.
David Wilkins was a common merchant from Pittsburgh who had a hand in the steam boat commerce of that city. The collection consists of a letter from Wilkins to the merchants and businessmen of Oregon City, Oregon Territory.
Established in 1837, the Willamette Cattle Company was formed with the expressed purpose of purchasing cattle in California and bringing it to the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of letters and receipts.
Willamette Draying and Forwarding Co. was incorporated in Portland, Oregon, on January 17, 1870, by Robert, James, and John Holman, and George W. Taylor, and it exists today as the Holman Distribution Center, a warehousing and transportation company. The collection (1870-1871) contains a journal and a day book.
Willamette Falls Canal company was one of the companies agitating for the right to to build a canal to ship goods over the Willamette Falls in Oregon. The collection contains articles of incorporation and a legal notice, dated August 25, 1865 on behalf of the Willamette Falls Canal company stating their right-of-way to build a canal
The Willamette Greenway Advisory Committee (WGAC) is a group of professionals, each with specialties in different fields, who together make up recommendations and give advice to the Lane County Board of Commissioners. The collection contains WGAC plan drafts, agendas and minutes, membership lists, printed matter, a proposal for the WGAC, correspondence and notes of William Loy, news clippings, and newsletters.
Willamette University is private university located in Salem, Oregon and was founded in 1842. Collection consists of a single, 1 page certificate that promises Calvin S. Knipley a five hundred dollar tuition scholarship signed by the president of the university, David Leslie.
Willamette University was founded on February 1, 1942, when a board of trustees was appointed and a constitution and bylaws were adopted for the school, which was then named the Oregon Institute. The collection consists of three warrants made out to teachers for services rendered to Willamette University, 1863-1864.
Articles of incorporation for Willamina Congregational Church, Willamina, Yamhill County, Oregon. Document signed by the trustees and includes signature and seal of C.C. Linden, Notary Public for Oregon.
The collection contains a bill of lading, dated April 13, 1865, of the William F. Browne (Schooner), and the bill includes a list of goods shipped from San Francisco to Scottsburg, Oregon.
Robert Aubrey Miller, C.C. Beekman, Henry Klippel and William M. Turner, were all prominent Oregon businessmen. The collection contains one letter in memoriam about William M. Turner.
On September 9, 1942, Curry County, Oregon was bombed by the Japanese during World War II. The collection contains copies of newspaper clippings, untranslated and translated Japanese documents, magazines, books, correspondence, military manuals, U.S. Coast Guard/Navy, U.S. Army, U.S. Forest Service, and other miscellaneous documents relating to the bombings.
George Henry Williams (1823-1910) was an Oregon politician, serving as the chief justice of the Territory of Oregon, as a Republican representing Oregon in the U.S. Senate, as Attorney General of the United States, and as Mayor of Portland. The collection contains an address by Williams delivered at the Marquam Grand Theater in Portland, Oregon on May 16, 1896.
Jean Williams (1876 - 1965) was composer of piano compositions and a piano and voice teacher. The collection (1941-1957) contains correspondence, music manuscripts and published music, clippings, and publicity releases.
Lucy Applegate (1830-1910) was the daughter of Charles Applegate and the niece of Jesse Applegate who helped establish the Applegate Trail in Oregon. Collection contains five letters that are undated.
Williams was a Presbyterian minister. Collections includes the diary and records of WIlliams in seventeen volumes. Volume one -thirteen (diary) was written chronologically from 1852-1894. Volumes fourteen and fifteen include records and his account book. Volume sixteen and seventeen contain his cash book and other records. Volume eighteen incudes his last will and testament.
The Perry Williams reminiscences of the Silver Lake fire of 1894 is a seven page personal narrative describing Perry Williams' survival of the building fire killed forty-three residents of Silver Lake in Lake County Oregon.
The collection contains a written legal agreement dated November 5, 1883, between T. F. Williams and G. W. Williams, both of Cascade Locks, Oregon, and also William Haaker of the Importing and Fish Preservation House, in New York City, concerning the sale of sturgeon and caviar.
The collection contains letters patent issued on August 2, 1881, to Thornton F. Williams of Cascade Locks, Oregon for revolving dip nets (no. 245,251) and fishing machines (no. 301,653). The letters patent include specification descriptions and diagram.