Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The collection comprises the congressional files of Mathew "Harris" Ellsworth, U.S. Representative of the Oregon Fourth District.
Binger Hermann (1843-1926) was a Roseburg attorney and politician who represented Oregon in the U.S. House of Representatives for sixteen years, and served as commissioner of the General Land Office (GLO) under presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt. The collection (1888-1920) contains Hermann's personal and professional papers.
Binger Hermann (1843-1926) was a Roseburg attorney and politician who represented Oregon in the U.S. House of Representatives for sixteen years and served as commissioner of the General Land Office (GLO) under presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt. Collection contains one letter dated January 29, 1886.
Nan Wood Honeyman was Democratic Representative from Oregon, 3rd District, 1937-1939. The collection consists of letters concerning her political campaigns, the improvement of the Sandy River, and other district improvement projects. There are two personal notes from Eleanor Roosevelt.
William MacDonald was chairman of the American Historical Association, Public Records Commission. The collection contains a letter dated April 30, 1900, from MacDonald to Professor (Frederic G.?) Young, of Oregon, about a proposed bill regarding public records of U.S. states and territories.
Charles Orlando Porter was a lawyer in Oregon and a congressional representative of the fourth district of Oregon from 1957-1961. The collection contains his political and congressional papers from 1954-1961. Included are materials on bills introduced in the 85th and 86th Congresses. The majority of the collection consists of subject files. Porter’s 1954 campaign materials are also included.
- Correspondence 5
- Politics and Politicians 5
- Legislators -- United States 4
- Oregon 4
- Legislators -- Oregon 3
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 3
- Photographs 3
- Forestry and Forestry Products 2
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Correspondence 2
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Political campaigns -- Oregon 2
- Public Works 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945 2
- Water resources development -- Oregon 2
- Budget -- United States 1
- College teachers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1
- Customs administration -- Officials and employees 1
- Financial records 1
- Flood control -- Oregon 1
- Foreign trade regulation -- United States 1 ∧ less
- Hermann, Binger, 1843-1926 2
- United States. General Land Office 2
- Ellsworth, Harris, 1899-1986 1
- Honeyman, Nan Wood, 1881-1970 1
- MacDonald, William, 1863-1938 1