Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Verne Bright (1893 - ) was an Oregon author of poetry who also worked as a newspaper reporter, and as an English teacher. The collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, memorabilia, genealogy research, sketches, scrapbooks, and publications.
Harvey Clark (1807-1858) was a missionary, settler, and educator who, along with his wife, Emeline and Tabitha Moffat Brown, founded the Tualatin Academy in Forest Grove, Oregon Territory. The collection consists of an "indenture" from the Clarks to the "President of the Tualatin Academy and Pacific University" ceding control of the Clarks' Forest Grove land claim.
Thomas Condon (1822-1907) was an Irish Congregational minister, a geologist and paleontologist, and a professor at the University of Oregon. The collection (1870-1900; 1946) contains correspondence, Condon's class teaching record, UO Board of Regents meeting minutes, a catalogue of the Condon specimen collection, geology publications, and photographs of minerals, specimens, the Condon family, and fossils.
The Alanson Hinman papers comprise thirty-two letters and an account book. The correspondence dates from 1872 to 1900 and concerns Indian training schools, proposed changes in the charter of Pacific University, and personal issues. The account book contains miscellaneous accounts receivable as well as a record of apples shipped.
C. J. Ryder of Boston, Massachusetts wrote a letter to Myron Eells of Union City, Washington on June 1, 1891. The collection contains one letter discussing the presidency of of Pacific University, located in Forest Grove, Oregon.
Gabriel Shindler of Portland, Oregon wrote a letter to G. H. Collier on June 10, 1891. The collection (1891) contains one letter regarding Collier's position as a as trustee of Pacific University, located in Forest Grove, Oregon.
The collection contains a letter dated May 29, 1891, written by James L. Smith to Myron Eells of Union City, Washington. In the letter, Smith recommends T. McClelland for the presidency of Pacific University.
- Correspondence 6
- Oregon 6
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Forest Grove 4
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Forest Grove 2
- College trustees -- Oregon -- Forest Grove 2
- Account books 1
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- Catalogs 1
- College teachers -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Fossils -- Photographs 1
- Genealogies (histories) 1
- Geological specimens -- Catalogs 1
- Geological specimens -- Photographs 1
- Geologists -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Geology -- Oregon 1
- Geology -- Research -- Oregon 1
- Geology -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Indentures 1
- Indians of North America -- Oregon 1 ∧ less
- Eells, Myron, 1843-1907 3
- Condon, Thomas, 1822-1907 2
- McClelland, Thomas, 1846-1926 2
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton, 1823-1887 1
- Barker, Jim (Oregon poet) 1
- Bright family 1
- Bright, Verne, 1893-1977 1
- Clapp, C. E. 1
- Clark, Harvey, 1807-1858 1
- Collier, G. H. 1
- Davis, Napoleon 1
- Dempsey, Jack, 1895-1983 1
- Dolph, Joseph N. (Joseph Norton), 1835-1897 1
- Emerson, Charles L. (Charles Leon), 1901- 1
- Fuller, Ethel Romig, 1883-1965 1
- Hamilton, John A. 1
- Hayden, F. V. (Ferdinand Vandeveer), 1829-1887 1
- Henry, Joseph, 1797-1878 1
- Hinman, Alanson, 1822-1908 1 ∧ less