Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Asahel Bush (1824-1913) was a prominent early Oregon citizen who worked as a printer, was the founder and editor of the Oregon Statesman newspaper, and was a banker. The collection (1850-1914) contains photostat copies of correspondence.
Thomas G. Greene (1860-1944) was born in Washington County, Indiana, and obtained an LL.B. degree from the University of Oregon Law department in 1892. The collection consists of political correspondence, corporate records, diaries, and office files.
Robert Holmes (1909-1976) was governor of Oregon from January 14, 1957 to January 12, 1959. The collection consists of materials related to Holmes' reelection campaign, legislation, and general political correspondence.
Maurice L. Johnson was a real estate dealer in Klamath Falls, Oregon, and worked on Oregon Democrat political campaigns and committees. The collection (1936-1939) contains correspondence and financial records of the Klamath County Democrat committee, and also the Klamath County Re-election Club for Governor Martin.
William Leslie Josslin (1905 - ) became a prominent figure in the legal and political activities in Oregon. The collection contains five scrapbooks covering political happenings in Oregon (1930s-1971) and include clippings, pamphlets, articles by Josslin, portraits of political leaders, personal and family photographs, and correspondence on topics of local and national political interest.
Henry Semon (1884-1958) was a legislative representative of Klamath County, Oregon from 1933 to 1955. The collection consists primarily of Semon's incoming and outgoing legislative correspondence.
John (or James) Knox Weatherford, Jr. (1901-1995) (who was known colloquially as Jim) served in the Oregon legislature as a representative from Linn County, 1930-1935 (Democrat), and as district attorney of Linn County, 1935-1937. The collection contains correspondence from constituents, correspondence while serving in the Oregon legislature and District Attorney, personal letters, and other political correspondence.
- Correspondence 8
- Oregon 7
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 5
- Political campaigns -- Oregon 4
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Politics and Politicians 3
- Campaign literature 2
- Financial records 2
- Governors -- Oregon 2
- Politicians -- Oregon 2
- American newspapers -- Oregon -- Oregon City 1
- American newspapers -- Oregon -- Salem 1
- Business records 1
- Clippings 1
- Diaries 1
- Electric utilities -- Oregon 1
- Journalism 1
- Klamath County (Or.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Lawyers 1
- Lawyers -- Oregon 1 + ∧ less
- Martin, Charles H. (Charles Henry), 1863-1946 3
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly 2
- Adelsheim, Martha Ann 1
- Bush, Asahel, 1824-1913 1
- Democratic National Convention 1
- Greene, Thomas G. (Thomas Gabbert), 1860-1944 1
- Holmes, Robert D. 1
- Johnson, Maurice L. 1
- Josslin, William L., 1905-1979 1
- McCarthy, Eugene J., 1916-2005 1
- Morgan, Howard, 1914-2012 1
- Morse, Wayne L. (Wayne Lyman), 1900-1974 1
- Neuberger, Maurine B. (Maurine Brown), 1907-2000 1
- Oregon Education Association 1
- Oregon Statesman (Salem, Or.) 1
- Oregon. Governor (1957-1959 : Holmes) 1
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Oregon. Public Utility Commissioner 1
- Pierce, Walter Marcus, 1861-1954 1 + ∧ less