Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 250
June D. Drake was a commercial photographer in Silverton, Oregon, from 1904-1960. He used his photographs of Silver Falls in an active and successful campaign to establish Silver Falls State Park in 1931. The collection consists of 28 vintage prints in studio mounts, documenting landscape and events in the Silverton area. One series shows railroad construction.
Lee D. Drake (1882-1957) was a newspaper owner and civic promoter in Pendleton and Astoria, Oregon. The Lee D. Drake papers consists of correspondence, clippings, financial reports, business reports, ephemera, and photographs regarding Drake’s business and community involvements.
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
This collection includes a single bound album containing photographic prints depicting social life, families, and buildings in Southern Oregon, including Grants Pass and Roseburg.
Orla G. Allen (c. 1879-?), commonly known as O.G. Allen, was a professional photographer operating in Pendleton, Oregon, circa 1910-1920. “Electric Studio” is a franchise name that appeared in locations throughout the West. The collection consists of five images and documents rodeo people and activities, and a Pendleton event. Other O.G. Allen images are available in other collections.
The collection comprises the congressional files of Mathew "Harris" Ellsworth, U.S. Representative of the Oregon Fourth District.
Arthur Erfeldt (1909-1993) was an Oregon landscape architect and graduate of the University of Oregon. The Arthur William Erfeldt collection consists primarily of landscape design plans and drawings.
Eugene Fruit Growers Association was a vegetable, fruit, and nut growing, picking, packing, and canning cooperative, founded in 1908. The collection (1911-1947) contains financial records, excerpts from managers reports, an annual report, a photograph album, and printed brochures.
Eugene Fruit Growers Association was a vegetable, fruit, and nut growing, picking, packing, and canning cooperative, founded in 1908. The collection (1908-1971) contains administrative records which include correspondence and reports, financial records, architectural plans, photographs, reports, and printing plates.
Collection comprises seven photographs of the construction of the downtown mall in Eugene, Oregon from 1969 to 1970.
The collection consists of one album of the Eugene Obsidians hiking group, 1928-1934. Clippings and snapshots from club outings to Castle Rock, Heceta Head, Mary's Peak, Bohemia, Fort Rock, Duval Falls, Proxy Creek, Green Peak, Eagle's Rest, Belknap Crater, Skyline Trail, Triangle Lake, South Sister, Cowhorn, Odell Lake, Mt. Thielsen, and Crater Lake.
The Eugene Print Collection assembles images of the city of Eugene and its vicinity. The majority of the images date from the 1880s-1920s.
Merton B. Folts (1902-1967) was an activist in conservative politics and riverine conservation in the Willamette Valley, Oregon, opposing construction of the Lookout Point dam and the City of Eugene's annexation of the Willakenzie area. The collection primarily contains documentation of Folts' activities in the Izaak Walton League.
The collection consists of one album of 41 images signed by John Fletcher Ford (c.1862-1914), a commercial photographer in Portland, showing logging, landscape along Columbia River; city of Portland. One image of military crew on rotating gun emplacement.
Ethel Nestell Fortner (1907-1987) was a teacher, principal, and poet. The collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, biographical material, subject files, reviews, publications, scrapbooks, manuscripts by others, audio and reel-to-reel tapes, books, and photographs.
The Fortnightly Club of Eugene was organized in December 1893 by Dr. Alice Hall Chapman as a study club dedicated to continuing education, and later evolved into advocating for library facilities and services in Eugene. The collection contains meeting minutes, scrapbooks and photographs, program books, financial records, and documents relating to club events, projects, and members' work.
The collection consists of thirty-four images documenting three houses on Fowler Street (#327, 337, and 357) in Roseburg, Oregon. The purpose of the collection is to document the properties for historical mitigation as required by local agencies.
Amos Fries (1873-1963) was an engineer, served in the Philippines during the Moro uprising, organized the Chemical Warfare Service, and was an advocate for conservative causes. The collection consists of biographical material, correspondence, manuscripts by Fries, others, and Elizabeth Fries, and photographs.
Ethel Romig Fuller (1883-1965) was poetry editor of The Oregonian newspaper and in 1957 she was appointed Poet Laureate of Oregon by Governor Robert D. Holmes. The collection contains poetry manuscripts, correspondence, scrapbooks and photographs.
Charles Wellington Furlong (1874-1967) was an explorer, writer, lecturer, an artist, a college professor, a scientist, a cowboy, a collector, and a foreign correspondent to name but a few of his ‘trades.' The collection contains biographical and military records, manuscripts, articles and lectures by Furlong, notebooks and journals, Philippine Island material, photographs and daguerreotypes, correspondence, audio recordings and books.
Jesse Jewell Gard (1902-1967) was educated in banking at Rutgers University, worked for various banks in Oregon and was an active member of the Republican Party, serving on the Republican National Committee for many years. The collection contains political files, business and professional records, civic files, personal correspondence, and memorabilia.
John Gates (1827-1888) was a construction engineer for the Oregon Steam Navigation Co. and the Oregon Railway and Navigation Co. From 1885 to 1888, he served as mayor of Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, financial records, legal documents, diaries, scrapbook pages, steamboat plans and inventions, and photographs.
Melvin Clark George (1849-1933) was an Oregon pioneer, lawyer, state senator and U.S. Representative. The collection contains addresses (speeches), essays and letters to newspapers, manuscripts, legal documents, newspapers, artwork and scrapbooks.
Walter Henry Gerke (c. 1891-1982) and Florence Holmes Gerke (1896-1964) were landscape architects. The collection contains 2 flat file folders of architectural plans reflecting their work on the Bonneville Power Navigation project and the Washington Park Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.
Mazie O. Giustina (1894-1997) was a graduate of the University of Oregon and lifelong member of numerous Oregon civic clubs and historical societies. The collection consists of diaries, correspondence, personal writings, financial documents, scrapbooks, ephemera, photographs, artifacts, audio tape reels and some published material.
Collection comprises two albums containing 219 photographs of Sutherlin and Roseburg, Oregon taken around 1911. One of the albums belonged to Charles G. Glen, who was born about 1887 in Douglas, Oregon.
The collection consists of one album of 51 images showing the people, industry and town of Glendale, Oregon, c. 1890s. Views include sheep farm, town, lumber mill, mining operations, hotel, depot, children, saloon, Beehive store, and recreation. Several pictures of dog with adopted cougar kits.