Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 43
The Alden Fruit Preserving Co was located in Salem, Oregon. Their records include one volume documenting the elections of the officers, articles, and board minutes.
Allen and Lewis company was a firm of wholesale grocers that was incorporated in 1897 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and F. A. Spencer. The collection contains corporate records including meeting minutes and stock ledgers, as well as stock books and ledgers of subsidiary companies including Glafke-Dixon Co., Douglas Food Stores, Inc., and Consolidated Stores, Inc.
Cicero Hunt Lewis (1826-1897) (also known as Cicero Horatius Lewis) and Lucius H. Allen created the Allen and Lewis mercantile company in Portland, Oregon in 1851. The collection contains five ledgers of sales, cash, consignments and account records, 1851-1868.
Leonard A. Andrus was a civil engineer who surveyed and reported on Pacific Northwest firms during the 1920s. The collection (1921-1930) contains financial, asset, and policy reports on firms in the Pacific Northwest.
Barlow and Fuller, of Oregon City, Oregon, was a grocery, provisions, and bakery store. The collection (1865) contains a store ledger organized by account name or sale.
The Brownsville Woolen Mill was located in Brownsville, Oregon since the 1860s; the original main building was destroyed by a fire in 1955. The collection (1902-1913) contains the surviving records of the Mill including financial ledgers, journals, and day books.
Josiah Burnett of Eagle Creek, Oregon, worked in mining, survey work, and farming. The collection (1852-1874) contains correspondence regarding family, mining, and politics, and also contains articles of incorporation of Oregon businesses.
Consists of daybooks, journals, ledgers, correspondence, sales books, and records of various predecessors.
John Creighton (1834-1884) a pioneer of 1858, came first to Washington and later became a rancher in Oregon, where married Mary J. McCully of Salem. Mary McCully's father, David McCully, invested in some of Creighton's enterprises. The collection (1867-1885) contains correspondence, clippings of the Creighton and McCully family and related family members, receipts, bills, certificates, and other papers.
Ralph Reynolds Cronise (1886-1962) was a newspaper owner and civic leader in Albany, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, business and civic files, photographs and ledgers.
David McCully was an Oregon pioneer who became a successful businessman, owning a general store and butcher shop in Salem, Oregon, and as one of the incorporators of People's Transportation Co, in 1862. The collection (1875) contains an account book for the butcher shop in Salem.
The C. Girard Davidson Papers document the career of attorney, politician, and businessman Crow Girard "Jebby" Davidson (1910-1996). The collection is organized into major series concerning government projects, legal cases, political activities, and business interests. The majority of material related to Davidson's service as Assistant Secretary of the Interior (1946-1950) is housed in the Truman Presidential Library in Independence, Missouri.
William Daniel Boone Dodson (1871-1950) had a long career with the Portland Chamber of Commerce, serving as general manager, executive vice-president, and as director of industrial promotion where he worked chiefly on the industrial development of Oregon. The collection (1947-1949) contains correspondence, reports, biographical information, and publications.
Dunham Printing Company operated out of Portland, Oregon during the late 1800s and early 1900s. The collection (1898-1912) contains two volumes of financial records.
Everding and Farrell Co. was a wholesale produce and commission firm, that was later associated with logging and the salmon packing industry. The collection (1888-1900) contains indentures and other legal papers, incoming correspondence, financial records and land surveys, and a listing of Washougal lands, costs, and expenses.
The G. Heitkemper Company was a wholesale and retail jeweler in Portland, Oregon, incorporated by Gerhard Heitkemper, Frank A. Heitkemper, and Edward Cookingham in 1896. The records include thirteen ledgers that contain pre-corporation records as well as post-corporation minutes, correspondence, financial records and other communications from 1874-1924.
The Halsey Building Association built a hall in Halsey, Oregon and rented out for dances, events, and to it to local groups for meetings. The collection (1892-1900) contains financial records of the association that include the date, price, and type of event held at the hall.
The collection contains one letter dated October 18, 1871, from Hewett, Flowerdew and Co. of Portland, Oregon to Thomas R. Cornelius, of Cornelius, Oregon. The subject of the letter gives advice regarding the purchase of wheat and wheat futures
This collection consists of Harold S. Hirsch interview transcripts. 11 interviews were conducted between March 6, 1988 and August 27, 1989 by Helene Hirsch Oppenheimer.
The L. E. Blain Clothing company of Albany, Oregon, operated from 1892 until 1976. The collection (1882-1910) contains bound financial ledgers, account journals, and cash books.
The collection contains a legal document, dated July 20, 1868, signed by A. J. Megler and Joseph G. Megler, regarding a hotel Astoria, Oregon.
Milton Shannon was the first postmaster of Monroe, Oregon, and he also owned a general store. The collection (1868-1876) contains a scrapbook of invoices and receipts.
The Nicolai Bros. Company of Portland, Oregon, was a sash and door manufacturing company. The collection (1870-1878) contains corporate records, correspondence, financial records, minutes, day books, and order books.
The Oregon Stage Coach Company, owned by Henry W. Corbett, ran a major route between California and Oregon during the mid 1800s. The collection (1866-1867) includes bills, receipts, and waybills.
The Pacific Stationery and Print Company, of Portland, Oregon, provided stationery, printing services, record organizing services, book binding, lithographing, embossing, and office furniture. The collection (1902-1936) contains financial records, articles of incorporation, by-laws, minutes, correspondence, and a catalog.
J. L. Parrish and Company was a stationery and bookstore located in Salem, Oregon. The collection (1865-1866) consists of an account book, a list of periodical subscribers in Salem, and minutes of the Regular Donkey Club.
H. Patterson and Company, of Hillsboro, Oregon, was a general merchandise store. The collection (1866-1877) consists of a business ledger that also contains information on orchard accounts.
Portland and Milwaukie Macadamized Road Company built a toll road connecting Portland with Milwaukie, Oregon. The collection (1862-1865) contains corporate records of the Portland and Milwaukie Macadamized Road Company.
- Oregon 30
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Portland 16
- Correspondence 16
- Financial records 13
- Ledgers (account books) 12
- Articles of incorporation 9
- Businesses and Corporations 9
- Account books 8
- Business enterprises -- Oregon 7
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Salem 5
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Albany 4
- Business records 4
- Cashbooks 4
- Daybooks 4
- Journals (accounts) 4
- Grocers -- Oregon -- Portland 3
- Grocery trade -- Oregon -- Portland 3
- Manufacturing and industry 3
- Portland (Or.) -- commerce 3
- Receipts (financial records) 3 + ∧ less
- McCully, David, 1814-1906 2
- Adams Express Company 1
- Ainsworth, J. C. (John Commingers), 1822-1893 1
- Alden Fruit Preserving Co. (Monmouth, Or.) 1
- Alden Fruit-Preserving Company 1
- Allen & Lewis (Grocers) 1
- Allen & Lewis (Merchants) 1
- Allen, Lucius H. 1
- Andrus, Leonard A., 1883-1965 1
- Barlow and Fuller (Oregon City, Or.) 1
- Bessey, Roy F. (Roy Frederic), 1889-1980 1
- Blain Clothing Company 1
- Blain, Leighton E. 1
- Bowles, Chester, 1901-1986 1
- Bridges, Harry, 1901-1990 1
- Brownsville Woolen Mill 1
- Burnett family 1
- Burnett, Josiah A. 1
- Butler family 1
- Butler, Allie 1 + ∧ less