Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 32
The American Institute of Architects had a Southwest Oregon Chapter. The collection (1952-1962) contains meeting minutes, executive board minutes, reports to the executive, financial reports, membership information, events, and printed matter.
Percy Dwight Bentley (1885-1968) was an architect from the Midwest who practiced in Lane County, Oregon from 1939-1961. His early work shows the influence of Frank Lloyd Wright and Louis Sullivan. The collection documents his work from 1951-1962 and includes churches, residences, and commercial structures.
Collection comprises architecture files of architect Herman Brookman, including drawings, specifications, correspondence, and photographs concerning 23 projects in Oregon. The photographs include images of design and architectural and decorative details, by professional photographers, of residences and several other structures designed by Brookman.
Charles Gilman Davis (1918-1979) was an architect and educator. The C. Gilman Davis Papers include architectural project files, project drawings, and research and educational material that reflect his career as an architect and educator.
Collection comprises architectural plans and photographs related to the construction of the New Heathman Hotel, in Portland, Oregon in 1927; photographs of the interior of the Paramount Theatre, Portland; photographs of designs and finished buildings in Portland and elsewhere in Oregon; and plans for the residence of Mrs. J. W. DeYoung.
Philip Dole (1921-2006) was an architect, professor, published writer and highly experienced in historic preservation. The collection contains a wide variety of correspondence, photos, works, notes, articles and many other reference files Dole used for his projects and publications on historical properties as well as for the classes he taught at the university.
Discusses Victorian residences built in Oregon with designs supplied by George F. Barber, architect in Knoxville, Tenn. Includes illustrations of the Barber homes, and mentions Palliser & Palliser, mail-order architectural firm in Bridgeport, Conn.
Arthur Erfeldt (1909-1993) was an Oregon landscape architect and graduate of the University of Oregon. The Arthur William Erfeldt collection consists primarily of landscape design plans and drawings.
The Eugene Print Collection assembles images of the city of Eugene and its vicinity. The majority of the images date from the 1880s-1920s.
The collection consists of thirty-four images documenting three houses on Fowler Street (#327, 337, and 357) in Roseburg, Oregon. The purpose of the collection is to document the properties for historical mitigation as required by local agencies.
Walter Henry Gerke (c. 1891-1982) and Florence Holmes Gerke (1896-1964) were landscape architects. The collection contains 2 flat file folders of architectural plans reflecting their work on the Bonneville Power Navigation project and the Washington Park Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.
Collection comprises three albums of architectural photographs, circa 1910s-1930s, of Oregon high schools, banks, libraries, hotels, and residences designed by American architect Raymond W. Hatch.
Heritage Documentation Programs records: Historic American Buildings Survey and Historic American Engineering photographs (HABS) (HAER)
The Heritage Documentation Programs records: Historic American Buildings Survey and Historic American Engineering photograph collection contains materials that document achievements in architecture, engineering, and design in the United States, and includes photographs, project narratives, and architectural drawings.
Harry A. Herzog (1893-) was an architect in practice in Portland, Oregon, in the firm of Bennes & Herzog. Collection comprises architectural tracings, renderings, specifications and photographs for 27 commercial and residential architecture projects in the Portland, Oregon area by American architect Harry Albert Herzog.
Leslie D. Howell (1884-1969) was an architect and engineer in the Portland firm of Knighton & Howell. The projects are documented in architectural drawings and photographs, and consist of residences, commercial structures, educational institutions, and state offices, from 1912 to 1952.
Francis Keally was architect of the Oregon State capitol, and was consulted about alterations to it.
Olaf Laurgaard (1880-1945) was city engineer of Portland, Oregon. The papers are correspondence, reports, plans, specifications, and drawings for a Portland, Oregon waterfront project, 1919-1933, and other city projects.
Ellis F. Lawrence was an American architect. Conllection includes correspondence, architectural drawings, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Lawrence & Holford, or McNaughton, Raymond & Lawrence, mainly in Oregon and Washington, from 1909 to 1924.
Lawrence, Tucker & Wallmann was an architectural firm in Portland, Oregon, from 1946-1960. It was the successor firm to Tucker and Wallmann, and Lawrence and Lawrence, two other Portland, Oregon firms. The principals of the firm were Abbott Lawrence, Ernest F. Tucker, and George R. Wallmann. The collection includes project files, drawings, and film.
The architectural firm of McKim, Mead, and White was formed in 1878. The collection contains a notice of a lien against Oregon and Transcontinental Company that was filed with the Multnomah County Clerk's office on February 18, 1885.
The Capitol Reconstruction Commission was established in November, 1935, during a special session of the Oregon Legislative Assembly, to plan the construction of a new capitol building. The collection (1935-1936) contains the files of commission member George A. Marshall, and include minutes, bulletins, official and unofficial correspondence, and the commission report.
Doyle and Patterson Architects was a leading architecture firm in Portland, Oregon during the early 20th century. Brayton Engineering Company operated in Portland, Oregon during the early 20th century. The Angelus Commercial Photo Company had been established in Portland, Oregon around 1911, and specialized in commercial subjects. This collection consists of one photograph album of construction of Pittock Block in Portland, Oregon.
John C. Pratt collection constitutes architectural drawings of two projects done by architect Warren Heywood Williams. The collection consists of drawings for two projects: the Masonic Temple and the Oregon Electric Railway passenger station, both located in Eugene, Oregon.
Marion Dean Ross (1913 - 1991) was a historian of architecture and design who taught at the University of Oregon and served as the Dean of the School of Architecture and Allied Arts at UO until his retirement in 1978. The collection consists of materials regarding architects, regional architecture, and specific buildings. A large amount of material relates to Oregon architecture, with an emphasis on Portland and Eugene.
This collection contains approximately 1,600 drawings created by architecture students in the University of Oregon’s school of Architecture and Allied Arts during the years 1914-1970. Stored in the Architecture and Allied Arts Library in Lawrence Hall, the works are arranged chronologically by year, then alphabetically by creator. They were created using various media, including charcoal, watercolor, and blueprint, and range in size from 18” x 28” to 46” x 72”.
The School of Architecture and Allied Arts was founded in 1914. The collection contains fifty-seven scrapbooks that include articles, correspondence, photographs and memorabilia relating to the school, its faculty, staff and students, 1916-1968.
John Storrs (1920- ) was a Portland, Oregon area architect. The collection contains architectural drawings.
Sutton, Whitney and Aandahl Architects practiced in Portland, Oregon and San Francisco, California. The collection contains 78 architectural plans.
- Architecture 22
- Oregon 19
- Photographs 18
- Architectural drawings 13
- Architects -- Oregon 9
- Correspondence 8
- Architectural Drawings 7
- Architecture -- Oregon -- Designs and plans 7
- Portland 7
- Architectural records 5
- Buildings -- Oregon 4
- Architects -- Oregon -- 20th century 3
- Architects -- Oregon -- Portland 3
- Architecture -- Oregon 3
- Architecture -- Oregon -- 20th century -- Designs and plans 3
- Architecture, Domestic -- Oregon -- Photographs 3
- City Planning 3
- Colleges and Universities 3
- Eugene 3
- Landscape architecture drawings 3 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 5
- Lawrence & Holford (Portland, Or.) 2
- Lawrence, Ellis F. (Ellis Fuller), 1879-1946 2
- University of Oregon. School of Architecture and Allied Arts 2
- Aandahl, Fred (Fredrick Smith), 1887- 1
- American Institute of Architects. Oregon Chapter 1
- American Institute of Architects. Southwestern Oregon Chapter 1
- Angelus Studio (Portland, Or.) 1
- Bach, Oscar Bruno, 1884-1957 1
- Barber, George F. (George Franklin), 1854-1915 1
- Bennes, John V. 1
- Bentley, Percy Dwight, 1885-1968 1
- Bergman, Henry P. 1
- Brookman, Herman, 1891-1973 1
- Davis, C. Gilman (Charles Gilman), 1918-1979 1
- Dawson, Orion B., 1896-1977 1
- DeYoung and Roald (Firm) 1
- Doyle, A. E. (Albert Ernest), 1877-1928 1
- Doyle, Patterson and Beach (Firm) 1
- Engeman, Richard H. 1 + ∧ less