Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The University of Oregon Administrative Manual was the main governing document for the administration of the University. The collection contains previous versions of Administrative Manuals, working documents, and research files used to update the Administrative Manual between the years 1960 and 1970.
Arnold Bennett Hall (1881-1936) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1926-1932. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Mathematician Charles Hiram Chapman served as President of the University of Oregon, 1893-1899, and taught mathematical physics at the university. Collection contains incoming inquires and correspondence of Charles Chapman during his presidency at the University of Oregon, 1893-1896.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.
Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.
William C. Jones served as Interim President of University of Oregon from 1960-1961 after President Wilson resigned. Arthur Flemming (1905-1996) became the 10th president of the University of Oregon and professor of political science on February 24, 1961. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 10
- Correspondence 9
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 9
- Colleges and Universities 7
- Administrative records 6
- Reports 6
- Financial records 4
- Memorandums 3
- Office files 3
- Accountants -- United States 1
- Annual reports 1
- Deans (Education) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Education, Higher -- Research 1
- Educational surveys 1
- Manuals (Handbooks) 1
- Masters theses 1
- Oregon 1
- Public universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Administration 1
- Surveys (documents) 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 9
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 2
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 1
- Chapman, Charles Hiram, 1860-1934 1
- Hall, Arnold Bennett, 1881-1936 1
- Hollis, Orlando John, 1904-2000 1
- Johnson, Charles E., 1920-1969 1
- Johnson, John Wesley, 1836-1898 1
- Jones, William C., 1900-1980 1
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 1
- Oregon State College 1
- Tugman, William M. (William Masten), 1893-1961 1
- University of Oregon. College of Liberal Arts 1
- University of Oregon. Dads' Club 1
- Wilson, O. Meredith, 1909-1998 1 + ∧ less