Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Asian Studies Program records
Established in 1942, the Asian Studies Program at the University of Oregon is one of the oldest interdisciplinary programs in the United States to focus on Asia. The collection contains files on the Pacific Rim Studies center, program evaluation, outreach to public schools, funding and grant proposals, essay contests, correspondence, and committee and department meeting minutes, 1966-1982.
Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration records
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
Department of Anthropology records
Department of Home Economics records
Household Arts, later renamed Home Economics, was a department at the University of Oregon from 1917-1974. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
Educational Opportunity Services records
Educational Opportunity Services was created in 1964 and provided opportunities and educational access for students that were considered educationally disadvantaged. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this service, and may include records from the Native American Program, Project 75, Sesamex, Upward Bound, High School Equivalency Program, and/or Project Connection.
Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records
Museum of Natural and Cultural History records
In 1936 the State Board of Higher Education combined the Oregon State Museum of Anthropology, the Condon Museum of Geology, the University Herbarium, and the Museum of Zoology into the University of Oregon Museum of Natural History. The collection contains correspondence, reports, meeting notes and minutes, Herbarium historical documents, glass negatives, photographs, a Museum of Anthropology accessions/inventory journal, and a negative of Fort Rock sandals.
Office of the President: Frank Strong records
Frank Strong served as president of the University of Oregon from 1899 to 1902. The collection contains records of the Office of the President from 1899-1902.
Office of the President: Prince Lucien Campbell records
Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.
Office of the President: Robert D. Clark records
Robert D. Clark (1910-2005) began his career at the University of Oregon in 1943 as a professor of speech and later became Dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), Dean of Faculties, President of San Jose State College (1964-1969), and from 1969 until his retirement in 1975, he served as the eleventh President of the University of Oregon. The collection contains the records that document the Office of the President, 1969-1976.
Office of the President: William C. Jones (acting) and Arthur S. Flemming records
William C. Jones served as Interim President of University of Oregon from 1960-1961 after President Wilson resigned. Arthur Flemming (1905-1996) became the 10th president of the University of Oregon and professor of political science on February 24, 1961. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Phi Chi Theta records
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
School of Law records
The University of Oregon School of Law was founded in 1884, the Wayne Morse Chair was created in 1980, and the Wayne Morse Center for Law and Politics was created in the year 2000. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Law School, the Wayne Morse Chair, and the Morse Center for Law and Politics.
Society of the Sigma Xi. University of Oregon Chapter records
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
S.W.I.N.E (Students Wildly Indignant about Nearly Everything) records
Students Wildly Indignant about Nearly Everything (S.W.I.N.E.) was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains office files, budget files, news clippings, newsletters, and membership lists.
University Friars records
University Friars is a University of Oregon campus organization that promotes campus leadership and volunteerism. The collection consists of Friars publications, directories, and rosters.
University of Oregon Board of Regents records
In 1876, the Oregon legislature vested a Board of Regents with governance of the University of Oregon, a role that lasted until 1929. Collection contains office files, correspondence, minutes, biennial and annual reports, Deady Hall repair files, department, dorm, and building naming and dedication files, professor profiles, dorm information, and a record book.
University Theatre records
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
Villard Hall Centennial records
Villard Hall was the second building opened on the University of Oregon campus in 1886. The records document the history of the building as well as planning around the centennial celebration.
- Subject: Office files X
- Correspondence 17
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 16
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 15
- Colleges and Universities 12
- Administrative records 7
- Financial records 7
- Reports 7
- Annual reports 4
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 4
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 4
- Photographs 4
- Anthropology 2
- Clippings 2
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- Membership lists 2
- Newsletters 2
- Anthropological museums and collections -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Anthropology -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Artifacts 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 13
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 4
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 1
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 1
- Jones, William C., 1900-1980 1
- Lindholm, Richard W. (Richard Wadsworth), 1913-1994 1
- Miller, Harry B. 1
- Morris, Victor Pierpont, 1891- 1
- Phi Chi Theta. Oregon Beta (University of Oregon) 1
- Reinmuth, James E., 1940- 1
- Robbins, E. C. (Edwin Clyde), 1883-1947 1
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 1
- Society of the Sigma Xi. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Strong, Frank, 1859-1934 1
- University Friars (University of Oregon) 1
- University of Oregon. Asian Studies Committee 1
- University of Oregon. Asian Studies Program 1
- University of Oregon. Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration 1 + ∧ less